West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

2018 Fixtures

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: 2018 Fixtures

Postby Fat Side on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:31 am

Most of our games against top end teams are at home. Sydney, GWS, WB, Port and Adelaide away (we do ok at AO). The home games against PA, Geelong and Sydney, in addition to the away games against Hawks, Coll, Carlton and NM will define our season. We can win all of them we could win 12-14 games which would be a good result given our young midfield.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby penrith eagle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 am

Fat Side wrote:We can win all of them we could win 12-14 games which would be a good result given our young midfield.

Hope so but its going to be very hard without any genuine top 10 mids in our team

domo_the_eagle wrote:nother mid table finish I reckon 10-12 by the end of the year.

This is more realistic and unfortunately its going to be another frustrating year

Looking forward to seeing the young ens come on Venables especially .....next year is all about getting games into the younger crew
The will to win...we have lost it.......maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Feng Shuey on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:I wonder how that long walk will go in the rain. I expect there might be a bigger percentage drop off in attendance for rainy games.

Agreed!!!
Feng Shuey
Rookie

Postby Feng Shuey on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:55 pm

This might leak into stadium thread, but...
Is it true that the government doesn't want night games til July because that's when footbridge will be built?
And the footbridge will ease pressure on trains and traffic?

Personally I don't think the footbridge will do a hell of a lot, supposedly they're gonna built a pub n restaurant near Gloucester Park, but do they really think 15,000 people are gonna be coming/going from East Perth, besides a Subway and a sweet IGA, there's nothing there!

P.S. agree Sunday afternoons suck, 6 day breaks are worse, pretty tough draw for a team on the edge of top 8.
Feng Shuey
Rookie

Postby Mr Q on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 am

Feng Shuey wrote:This might leak into stadium thread, but...
Is it true that the government doesn't want night games til July because that's when footbridge will be built?
And the footbridge will ease pressure on trains and traffic?

Personally I don't think the footbridge will do a hell of a lot, supposedly they're gonna built a pub n restaurant near Gloucester Park, but do they really think 15,000 people are gonna be coming/going from East Perth, besides a Subway and a sweet IGA, there's nothing there!

P.S. agree Sunday afternoons suck, 6 day breaks are worse, pretty tough draw for a team on the edge of top 8.

There's quite a bit there, bit one thing there isn't is any long term parking.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles