Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Who the hell is Koby?? Sounds like a girl!

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Who the hell is Koby?? Sounds like a girl!

Postby legalis on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:14 pm

We all knew it, but he has confirmed in his end of season review
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/ ... fault.aspx
Will we get anything decent for him? I'm sad to see him go but he didn't really get the opportunities he deserved
2014 Sponsor of Luke Shuey
legalis
Regular

Re: Koby Stevens is leaving

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Not really sure what we can get for him tbh. Maybe a second round upgrade?
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Bloodstream on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:48 am

The best we can hope for would be a second 2nd round pick, or at worst a 3rd round pick, most likely not to be better than Ebert's deal, might even be in the 30's.
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Dom Sheed
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Jamie Cripps
Official 2012 EFH Sponsor of Murray Newman
Official 2011 EFH Sponsor of Jack Darling
Official 2010 EFH Sponsor of Jordan Jones
Bloodstream
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jourgo on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:10 am

On the belief that we'd probably only use 3 picks this draft, I'd be happy with Stevens + pick for a pick upgrade.

This is also predicated on us receiving some sort of pick should Lynch go to the Tank as has been speculated.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby JYD on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Bloodstream wrote:The best we can hope for would be a second 2nd round pick, or at worst a 3rd round pick, most likely not to be better than Ebert's deal, might even be in the 30's.

Unless he nominates a single club, I'd be pretty disappointed to get a worse pick than we did for Ebert.

Wouldn't rule out him following Ebert (more importantly, to join John Butcher) at Port - I don't believe there has been any mention that he has asked to be traded back to Victoria specifically.
JYD
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Kaji on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:51 pm

JYD wrote:
Bloodstream wrote:The best we can hope for would be a second 2nd round pick, or at worst a 3rd round pick, most likely not to be better than Ebert's deal, might even be in the 30's.

Unless he nominates a single club, I'd be pretty disappointed to get a worse pick than we did for Ebert.

Wouldn't rule out him following Ebert (more importantly, to join John Butcher) at Port - I don't believe there has been any mention that he has asked to be traded back to Victoria specifically.

With Eberts disposal i was starting to think you renamed Brad to 'John BUTCHER'
Proud 2013 Sponsor of Chris 'Training the House Down' Masten
Proud 2012 Sponsor of Mark LeCras
Kaji
Veteran

Postby snert on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:57 pm

Kaji wrote:
JYD wrote:

With Eberts disposal i was starting to think you renamed Brad to 'John BUTCHER'

He may choose a particular club and the WCE have said they will do what they can to get him there 'in the best interests of all parties,' but that doesn't mean thats where he will go. Having said that, we don't want to lose him to the pre-season draft for nothing.
snert
EFH Legend

Postby Tony Evans Rules on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Meh
Tony Evans Rules
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:31 pm

He couldn’t force his way into the senior side, and didn’t make the most of his opportunities when he did. Ebert, despite his oft debated shortcomings, was a regular member of our best 22 for ~ 3 years. Assuming Koby goes to a club like Melbourne, I’d be stoked to get a 3rd round upgrade for him. More likely that it will just be a 4th round upgrade (which should also be useful) or just a dud pick.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Bloodstream on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:12 am

Yeah, certainly Ebert held more value than Stevens will in a trade.
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Dom Sheed
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Jamie Cripps
Official 2012 EFH Sponsor of Murray Newman
Official 2011 EFH Sponsor of Jack Darling
Official 2010 EFH Sponsor of Jordan Jones
Bloodstream
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:52 am

I’ve held a belief for most of the year the only reason Koby did not get more game time is that he was unwilling to commit to the club in the long term and coming the year after we were burnt by Ebert the club was unwilling to make the same mistake again. Rightly so! I certainly believe that Koby can be a really great player, very disappointed to lose him but that doesn’t mean we should trade him for nothing. I do like however that the Eagles try to do the best thing by players requesting a trade, and I’m sure this will include Koby, I just hope it’s to a club that also believes in trading fair, not pig headed hard. St Kilda is such a club and one I believe we have had a good trade relationship with. Cripps for Koby could be worthy - and they come from almost exactly the same draft pick - though I’m not sure about the Compartment Syndrome or type 1diabetes and how hard these are to manage for an elite contact sports player, but that’s for the club medical staff to access.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Streaker on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:48 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6486046894

The Western Bulldogs are keen to trade for Stevens in what could be their sole involvement in the month-long trade frenzy.

Bulldogs have picks 5,6, 27, 46 and 47.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby ArdentEagle on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Streaker wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/sharrod-wellingham-could-join-west-coast-on-big-dollars/story-e6frf9jf-1226486046894

The Western Bulldogs are keen to trade for Stevens in what could be their sole involvement in the month-long trade frenzy.

Pick 27 for Stevens + 57 sounds fair and equitable to me.

(If it was last year I would have thought 27 alone was a tad short)
Forever to bleed Blue and Gold

The show must go on
ArdentEagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jaxster on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Streaker wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/sharrod-wellingham-could-join-west-coast-on-big-dollars/story-e6frf9jf-1226486046894

I have thought that Stevens may be best used to try and gain an upgrade in pick - rather than a straight trade. A Second Rd swap of picks would be nice, but we would need to balance it with more to the Bulldogs. To be honest, I have always been thinking more a swap of second Rd picks with someone like St Kilda or Essendon.
Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Government.
jaxster
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:06 pm

jaxster wrote:

I have thought that Stevens may be best used to try and gain an upgrade in pick - rather than a straight trade. A Second Rd swap of picks would be nice, but we would need to balance it with more to the Bulldogs. To be honest, I have always been thinking more a swap of second Rd picks with someone like St Kilda or Essendon.

Would be happy to see Stevens and 38 for pick 27, but based on the Ebert trade last year, Ebert was worth much more, yet got about that so yeah would need to balance it out some more. Could see it ending up being Stevens, 38 and Q compo for 27 and their first third rounder.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic

Next

Return to Drafts and Trading