West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Scott Lycett

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Scott Lycett

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Scott Lycett, get ready for the start of the Legend.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/ ... ats-boots/

Lycett ready to fill Nic Nat's boots

Young West Coast big man Scott Lycett has declared himself ready to step into Nic Naitanui's role in the team as the Eagles continue to hedge their bets on the star ruckman's return date from significant groin surgery.

Naitanui walked with a fitness staff member and did some light mobility work before leaving an Eagles training session at McGillivray Oval early yesterday.

He looks some time away from resuming full training.

Lycett trained strongly and is poised to add to his three AFL games, after he made his debut in 2011 and played two games in 2012.

"I've come back pretty fit over the pre-season and give myself every chance," Lycett said.

"Hopefully I have caught the coach's eye. If I'm training well and everything else is going well, I'm pretty sure Woosha (coach John Worsfold) will give me a chance.

"It's pretty hard to get a gig when you have got two All-Australian ruckmen in front of you with Nic and Coxy (Dean Cox).

"In saying that, there wouldn't be two better blokes in the comp to learn off. If I do have a breakout year then that would be wonderful.

"If I don't, then I'm just going to have to be patient and hopefully my time will come."

As retiring sponsor I have probably been at error in not having started this future club legend his very own thread before this point. Live and learn. And his time is coming to be sure, maybe not to fully arrive this year but hopefully he will get to show us all his potential greatness! Great to hear he is fit and ready to go.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Re: Scott Lycett

Postby Doughboy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:47 pm

From what I saw of Lycett last year, I think that he will be a very good ruckman.

But, he has to work on his game around the ground to become a great player. He looked out of sorts when he was resting up forward in the games he played last year.

However, I certainly do wish him success this year.
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Elliot "Yowie" Yeo
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Dean "Coxxy" Cox
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Andrew "Kermit" Gaff
Official 2012 EFH Sponsor of Jack "The King" Darling
Doughboy
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Streaker on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Callum says Hi!
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Bloodstream on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I hope both Lycett and Sinclair get a chance during the year.
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Dom Sheed
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Jamie Cripps
Official 2012 EFH Sponsor of Murray Newman
Official 2011 EFH Sponsor of Jack Darling
Official 2010 EFH Sponsor of Jordan Jones
Bloodstream
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby west coast ego on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 pm

I Really don't.

Nothing against Sinclair, but I hope we avoid injury enough to not play him.
2014 sponsor of Matty "Mark of the Year" Rosa.
west coast ego
Veteran

Postby Bloodstream on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 am

Of course though, I'd prefer Cox and Naitanui to be available all year, but both Lycett and Sinclair can play forward as well.
Bloodstream
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby sydney eagle on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:45 am

Well it looks as if Lycett may get a chance to play early in the coming season (with Natanui recovering from surgery). I hope that he makes the most of the opportunity.
sydney eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Kaji on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Hope he does well enough on the weekend to know that he has enough upside to not have to worry when Cox retires
Proud 2013 Sponsor of Chris 'Training the House Down' Masten
Proud 2012 Sponsor of Mark LeCras
Kaji
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Kaji wrote:Hope he does well enough on the weekend to know that he has enough upside to not have to worry when Cox retires

In his third year now it will be very interesting to see how he sets up with the young mid-fielders that have been around for a similar time. Could be a great glimpse into the future. I don't expect him to be beating Sandilands yet but do hope to see him going about his ruck business looking the part.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Ric on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:36 pm

He was more than a handy player a few years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6flqkVsi68
In contrast, Coxy was pretty ordinary at the same sort of age and look what he turned out to be. I wouldn't be too concerned with Lycett, he'll come good and this will be the perfect opportunity for him to step up to the plate and show where he's at with his development.
If smoking is so bad, why does it cure dead fish?
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby snert on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:43 am

Ric wrote:He was more than a handy player a few years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6flqkVsi68
In contrast, Coxy was pretty ordinary at the same sort of age and look what he turned out to be. I wouldn't be too concerned with Lycett, he'll come good and this will be the perfect opportunity for him to step up to the plate and show where he's at with his development.

Agreed. Although he has been in the system for two years, lets remember that he is still only 20. Most ruckmen hit their straps in their mid 20's. He'll be okay.
snert
EFH Legend

Postby Sico 17 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:57 am

Thats what they said about Will Sullivan.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Bloodstream on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Lycett is already much better than Will Sullivan.
Bloodstream
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Ric wrote:In contrast, Coxy was pretty ordinary at the same sort of age ...

And many people / commentators wanted to trade him for a developed KPP! That would have hurt.
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Sico 17 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Dean Cox was playing pretty good WAFL at Lycetts age. Won a SImpson Medal in a Grand Final win.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Next

Return to Drafts and Trading