West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Scott Lycett

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Scott Lycett

Postby Crazy Dazz on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Mr Q wrote:One think I like now is that Vardy will really get his chance - I mean yeah, he's already a premiership player, but now he's promoted into the best 22 by default, at least until NN comes back. I like Vardy's character, and want to see him succeed.
++1
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Interesting to see that Lycett is only the 11th player in AFL history who is a reining Premiership player to be transferred. Looks like only a one (Mooney) has gone on for more success.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-09/f ... -rare-club
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Mr Q wrote:One think I like now is that Vardy will really get his chance - I mean yeah, he's already a premiership player, but now he's promoted into the best 22 by default, at least until NN comes back. I like Vardy's character, and want to see him succeed.
++1

+2. He played so well in the GF. A fighter for sure, never giving up, credit to him.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby MrWoollie on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:53 pm

DALBY wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:
++1

+2. He played so well in the GF. A fighter for sure, never giving up, credit to him.

Yep. Was always a promising player at Geelong. Always looked dangerous up forward there. If he was fit he was good enough to be immediately selected in a top team. They clearly rated him and it was just his body that repeatedly let him, the club down.
A classic case of just needing a new start. It seems that even Geelong players and supporters are really happy for him. Says a lot about the man and how he is regarded.
He comes across as a great guy and also extremely grateful for the opportunity WC provided. A happy player is automatically a more motivated player.

I don't for a moment believe he will remain injury free for the rest of his career but we have already been paid back in spades for the risk we took, and everything from here on in is a bonus. And he has a premiership medal.

For Lycett it was always Sinclair or Lycett going. The Jetta get looked dodgy for a while but has worked in the end. And yes, he has matured as a person and become a leader, especially to the young indigenous lads.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Drafts and Trading