West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Dustin Martin anyone?

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Dustin Martin anyone?

Postby JYD on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:16 am

Apparently GWS has ruled themselves out of the race. I'd still like to get him across, without knowing any details and not jumping to any conclusions about his off-field stuff.
JYD
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:20 am

JYD wrote:Apparently GWS has ruled themselves out of the race. I'd still like to get him across, without knowing any details and not jumping to any conclusions about his off-field stuff.

22 year old with lots of cash, average typical male, in the media spotlight far too often, that's all.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jourgo on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:30 pm

ST Kilda have ruled themselves out now. "Damaged Goods" is the story between the lines by the looks of things.

Richmond would be quietly sitting back and watching this with a big ol' smile. I can see him coming back, cap in hand, and Richmond saying "Of course you can come back... at 300k a year."
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby DALBY on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:35 pm

jourgo wrote:ST Kilda have ruled themselves out now. "Damaged Goods" is the story between the lines by the looks of things.

Richmond would be quietly sitting back and watching this with a big ol' smile. I can see him coming back, cap in hand, and Richmond saying "Of course you can come back... at 300k a year."

Has he stuffed himself over? :lol:
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby blue n gold forever on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:43 pm

DALBY wrote:
jourgo wrote:ST Kilda have ruled themselves out now. "Damaged Goods" is the story between the lines by the looks of things.

Has he stuffed himself over? :lol:

It certainly looks like his 'reputation' and maybe his arrogance has seen some clubs scared off.

Will be a really interesting outcome to this.... :roll:
2016 Pity the fool
2015 Sponsor of Matt "A Whole Lotta" Rosa...
2014 Sponsor of the Ever Wounded Warrior (sigh!!) - Beau "The Enforcer" Waters....

Made it to the big dance, just couldn't do the boogie! :-((
blue n gold forever
Regular

Location: Sitting in the sunny South West waiting for the 2016 to commence

Postby Pinion King on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 pm

No one wants to pay the money he reckons he deserves, and that jail house salute has clubs weary of him.

He has shot himself in the foot.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Bigbird on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Well, I for one think we should be actively talking to his management - I'd be more than happy to throw him a lifeline and pick him up in the PSD. :twisted:
Proud 2017 sponsor of Scott Lycett, Tom Barrass and Jonathon Giles - the big guys have landed.

Proud 2016 sponsor of Nobody. Because I couldn't find the thread. :-(
Proud 2015 sponsor of Scott Lycett. The future has arrived.
Bigbird
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Sico 17 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:09 pm

I don't think it is his off field reputation that has everyone walking away, it's that his manager has priced him well above what everyone thinks he is worth.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Sico 17 wrote:I don't think it is his off field reputation that has everyone walking away, it's that his manager has priced him well above what everyone thinks he is worth.
All part of his cunning strategy; to allow WCE to snare him in the PSD.
Think of it as a straight swap for Cousins. :twisted:
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Eliot Mess on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Sico 17 wrote:I don't think it is his off field reputation that has everyone walking away, it's that his manager has priced him well above what everyone thinks he is worth.

However, the voting at the bottom of the page of this Richmond Fans' article is that 78% think Richmond should let him go.

This made me smile:

The Tigers' season has ended in relative disaster since the hope of that first bounce at the MCG nine days ago. Those tens of thousands of fans who turned up to watch the Tigers blow a five-goal lead against a side that finished ninth deserved better.

The Curse of the 9 continues.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Bigken87 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Dustin Martin yea absolutely, Callum Sinclair and Ash Smith, Smith all show no go to worried about his looks
Bigken87
Rookie

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:23 am

Seven years later it's interesting to review this thread.

Sigh, if only...
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:Seven years later it's interesting to review this thread.

Sigh, if only...

It's like the old addage: "If you're poor and have Mental Health Issues, then you're a 'nutjob', but if you're rich people just call you 'Eccentric' or 'Colourful'."
Dusty is still a dickhead, but people overlook that because he's good at football.

I'd actually have grave concerns for the lad. What's he going to do when footy is finished, people nolonger worship him and overlook his flaws, and he has nothing to do but spend his money on God knows what.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Previous

Return to Drafts and Trading