11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Dustin Martin anyone?

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Dustin Martin anyone?

Postby snert on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:56 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6720813468

"You've got good people at this football club who have been doing the right thing by you and they've invested a lot of time in you and you should make the most of your opportunity.'

"It's a shame because everyone knows he's got ability.''

Is it just me or does Demetriou's comments about this completely inappropriate? He has no business interfering in this matter and offering his two-bit opinions. I have no idea what Martin's ability has to do with him agreeing to a contract with Richmond. Although Demetriou believes that Richmond "have been doing the right thing" by him. Clearly Martin doesn't.

Demetriou should stick to trying to run the competition instead of trying to influence contract talks between clubs and players.
snert
EFH Legend

Postby Bloodstream on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Definitely out of line and has nothing to do with him or the league.
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Dom Sheed
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Jamie Cripps
Official 2012 EFH Sponsor of Murray Newman
Official 2011 EFH Sponsor of Jack Darling
Official 2010 EFH Sponsor of Jordan Jones
Bloodstream
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby blue n gold forever on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Just showing his obvious Victorian bias as he knows there is a chance Martin will be chased by non Vic clubs.

Should stick to doing what he is paid an exorbitant amount of money to do - run the league and make it the best it can be - because it surely isn't at the moment when people can get a week for a soft bump like Chapmans! Imagine Woosh in todays comp - he would have played 5 games!
2016 Pity the fool
2015 Sponsor of Matt "A Whole Lotta" Rosa...
2014 Sponsor of the Ever Wounded Warrior (sigh!!) - Beau "The Enforcer" Waters....

Made it to the big dance, just couldn't do the boogie! :-((
blue n gold forever
Regular

Location: Sitting in the sunny South West waiting for the 2016 to commence

Postby DALBY on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:42 pm

No thanks, overrated, screwed the Tigers over, and he'll do it again to another club. Not worth the cash or putting up with his crap. Rarther spend 600K elsewhere.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Was interested until i read this

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 2tv7j.html
I realise the fact it is a Caroline Wilson piece will put people off, but he does seem problematic. Maybe a move out of Melbourne will be helpful for him.
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran

Postby Kaji on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:24 am

For years we have been screaming for a gun midfielder with a bit of aggro, good skills and speed. Dustin Martin is looking around just when we need him and i dont see any possibility of similar players with this skill set that would be available. I would be happy is West Coast take this risk, win or lose, as the club has to try something to get back into the top four and this aggressive trade is just what we need. Sure Sheed or Aish or whoever would be nice but Dusty would be better!
Proud 2013 Sponsor of Chris 'Training the House Down' Masten
Proud 2012 Sponsor of Mark LeCras
Kaji
Veteran

Postby penrith eagle on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:20 am

Kaji wrote:For years we have been screaming for a gun midfielder with a bit of aggro, good skills and speed. Dustin Martin is looking around just when we need him and i dont see any possibility of similar players with this skill set that would be available. I would be happy is West Coast take this risk, win or lose, as the club has to try something to get back into the top four and this aggressive trade is just what we need. Sure Sheed or Aish or whoever would be nice but Dusty would be better!

Yup I agree Kaji.... If the club is going to improve we have to take risks win or lose

Or we can take the safe approach and sit on our laurels do sweet f**k all and keep on going being the average team of the comp :evil:
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby penrith eagle on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:29 am

Well looks like they are not after Martin according to Perthnow and have ramped up interest in chasing Conca
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby blue n gold forever on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:53 am

Happy with Conca. Young and tough, local and won't get anywhere near the sort of money Dusty would have attracted.

Would need to grab a couple of others as well, but he would be a decent start.
2016 Pity the fool
2014 Sponsor of the Ever Wounded Warrior (sigh!!) - Beau "The Enforcer" Waters....

blue n gold forever
Regular

Postby Total Package on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:28 am

Conca makes more sense... and would be buying low rather than what he could command in a few years.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:33 pm

He was chatting with GWS today.

Demons, Blues and Pies have all decided not to. No one wants to pay the $600k he wants.

GWS have high draft picks that the Tigers will want.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby snert on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Pinion King wrote:He was chatting with GWS today.

GWS have high draft picks that the Tigers will want.

and Taylor Adams...
snert
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:53 pm

snert wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/andrew-demetriou-says-want-a-way-dustin-martin-should-not-waste-his-opportunity-at-richmond/story-fni5f9jb-1226720813468

"You've got good people at this football club who have been doing the right thing by you and they've invested a lot of time in you and you should make the most of your opportunity.'

"It's a shame because everyone knows he's got ability.''

Is it just me or does Demetriou's comments about this completely inappropriate? He has no business interfering in this matter and offering his two-bit opinions. I have no idea what Martin's ability has to do with him agreeing to a contract with Richmond. Although Demetriou believes that Richmond "have been doing the right thing" by him. Clearly Martin doesn't.

Demetriou should stick to trying to run the competition instead of trying to influence contract talks between clubs and players.
Well I guess from this we can read that he's not interested in a move to GWS, otherwise Fat Andy would be laying out the red carpet.

I understand what' he's saying (apparently the Tiges have put a lot into addressing Martin's problems) but as CEO of the entire league, he should not be commenting.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Perrythegreat on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Yep - nothing to do with him.

The sooner he realises he is not a celebratory, the better.
2015 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "player sponsor of Scooter every odd year"
2014 Official sponsor of NicNat, "taking the mark of the bicentenary some time soon"
2013 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "welcome back Scooter"
2012 Official sponsor of Josh Hill, "the tall small that kicks goals through all"
2011 Official Sponsor of Scott Selwood, "tagging midfielders in a town near you soon".
Perrythegreat
Veteran

Postby blue n gold forever on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:21 am

blue n gold forever wrote:Happy with Conca. Young and tough, local and won't get anywhere near the sort of money Dusty would have attracted.

Would need to grab a couple of others as well, but he would be a decent start.

Conca re-signed with the Tigers. Who's next????
2016 Pity the fool

blue n gold forever
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading