Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus



Elliot Yeo

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby Pinion King on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 am

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
Pinion King wrote:
WCE Booka 89 wrote:Surely not? Or did Brisbane try low balling him and he got offended and told them to stick it and he is going home? Because surely with the names the Lions were losing at that time they would have had salary cap coming out their arse...

Yep, apparently he wanted $25,000 more but they wouldn't give it to him.

He wanted $250,000 they wouldn't go over $225,000. We offered what he wanted and are reaping the rewards. It was one the best $25,000 we have ever spent.


Thats crazy! Especially with how much they surely would have had spare, because I mean who would have been on any good money at that time there?

Remember he was still a 27 game 20 year old developing as a half back.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
User avatar
Pinion King
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Pinion King wrote:
WCE Booka 89 wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Yep, apparently he wanted $25,000 more but they wouldn't give it to him.

He wanted $250,000 they wouldn't go over $225,000. We offered what he wanted and are reaping the rewards. It was one the best $25,000 we have ever spent.


Thats crazy! Especially with how much they surely would have had spare, because I mean who would have been on any good money at that time there?

Remember he was still a 27 game 20 year old developing as a half back.


Even still, the way they carried on about losing him, was as if we had stolen him. Yet all they needed to do was offer him an extra 25k of which they should have had lying around....
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby MrWoollie on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Pinion King wrote:
WCE Booka 89 wrote:Surely not? Or did Brisbane try low balling him and he got offended and told them to stick it and he is going home? Because surely with the names the Lions were losing at that time they would have had salary cap coming out their arse...

Yep, apparently he wanted $25,000 more but they wouldn't give it to him.

He wanted $250,000 they wouldn't go over $225,000. We offered what he wanted and are reaping the rewards. It was one the best $25,000 we have ever spent.

Apparently true if Fox Sports are to be believed...
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/brisba ... 6115c4f16b
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
User avatar
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 am
Location: Peak District National Park

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby farmer joe on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:08 pm

So the AFL Brownlow predictor has Yeo leading on 21 votes tied with Mitchell and Cripps after a run of 3,1,3 and 2. Melbourne at home and his old team away. Is he a chance to be our third Brownlow medalist?
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby MrWoollie on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:04 pm

farmer joe wrote:So the AFL Brownlow predictor has Yeo leading on 21 votes tied with Mitchell and Cripps after a run of 3,1,3 and 2. Melbourne at home and his old team away. Is he a chance to be our third Brownlow medalist?

Judd, Cousins and Priddis = 3.

But yes, a sneaky chance.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
User avatar
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 am
Location: Peak District National Park

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:44 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
farmer joe wrote:So the AFL Brownlow predictor has Yeo leading on 21 votes tied with Mitchell and Cripps after a run of 3,1,3 and 2. Melbourne at home and his old team away. Is he a chance to be our third Brownlow medalist?

Judd, Cousins and Priddis = 3.

But yes, a sneaky chance.


5? Mitchell was awarded one whilst he was here :lol: :lol:
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby farmer joe on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 am

I don’t count Judd after he took the ‘paper’ money.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby DALBY on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:57 am

I have bought all our Brownlow winners, (large collect able frames) spent a fortune. I'm being selfish here. I can't afford another one this year, Next year I can Elliot. :lol: Besides. I put my money on Mitchell at the start of the year to win it in 2018. It's looking okay so far. :D
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Previous

Return to Drafts and Trading

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests