West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Elliot Yeo

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Elliot Yeo

Postby Mephisto on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:45 am

So apparently we're going to trade our second round pick for Yeo from the Lions. Media says it will be a three year deal.

I hear he should develop into a big bodied mid-fielder, something we desperately need.

Thoughts?

Good deal? Good player? I don't really know much about him.
Mephisto
Veteran

Re: Elliot Yeo

Postby Eliot Mess on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:00 am

Mephisto wrote:So apparently we're going to trade our second round pick for Yeo from the Lions. Media says it will be a three year deal.

I hear he should develop into a big bodied mid-fielder, something we desperately need.

Thoughts?

I like the sound of him :).
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby snert on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:39 am

Eliot Mess wrote:
Mephisto wrote:So apparently we're going to trade our second round pick for Yeo from the Lions. Media says it will be a three year deal.

Thoughts?

I like the sound of him :).

Me too. I haven't seen a lot of him, but Brisbane felt he was important and were fast-tracking his development. Whether he is worth a second-round pick will be determined over the next few years, but I'm happy to get him on board.
snert
EFH Legend

Postby penrith eagle on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:39 am

Do we like the sound of him because he wants to come home ????
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:43 pm

penrith eagle wrote:Do we like the sound of him because he wants to come home ????

I like his name.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby sydney eagle on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 pm

My 2013 "AFL Record Season Guide" says that Yeo played eight games in 2012 alternating between wing and half back. I think that he mostly played half back last season, but i'm not sure how many games he played. He was described as "showing plenty of dash" in the write up in the "Season Guide" .
sydney eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

sydney eagle wrote:My 2013 "AFL Record Season Guide" says that Yeo played eight games in 2012 alternating between wing and half back. I think that he mostly played half back last season, but i'm not sure how many games he played. He was described as "showing plenty of dash" in the write up in the "Season Guide" .

Kicking efficiency would be key.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Bloodstream on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Eliot Mess wrote:
penrith eagle wrote:Do we like the sound of him because he wants to come home ????

I like his name.

So apparently, Freo are also interested in picking him up with their 2nd round pick, in case we decide not to take him with ours?
FREMANTLE has made inquiries with the Brisbane Lions about talented utility Elliot Yeo, joining West Coast in the race for the young West Australian.

It is believed Fremantle is not willing to part with anything higher than its second-round pick (currently No.33) in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft for Yeo, who has requested a trade to his home state.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-08/trade-wrap-tuesday
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Dom Sheed
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Jamie Cripps
Official 2012 EFH Sponsor of Murray Newman
Official 2011 EFH Sponsor of Jack Darling
Official 2010 EFH Sponsor of Jordan Jones
Bloodstream
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Sico 17 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Bloodstream wrote:So apparently, Freo are also interested in picking him up with their 2nd round pick, in case we decide not to take him with ours?
FREMANTLE has made inquiries with the Brisbane Lions about talented utility Elliot Yeo, joining West Coast in the race for the young West Australian.

It is believed Fremantle is not willing to part with anything higher than its second-round pick (currently No.33) in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft for Yeo, who has requested a trade to his home state.

Fremantle not really interested, just keeping WCE honest and making them use their second round pick and not the third rounder.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:55 am

Sico 17 wrote:Fremantle not really interested, just keeping WCE honest and making them use their second round pick and not the third rounder.

That's what I was thinking. Wonder if we do offer third round pick, would they actually pull the trigger? Could just be a ploy to prevent us getting someone like Acres who could well be available at 24.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby sydney eagle on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:25 am

Eliot Mess wrote:
sydney eagle wrote:My 2013 "AFL Record Season Guide" says that Yeo played eight games in 2012 alternating between wing and half back. I think that he mostly played half back last season, but i'm not sure how many games he played. He was described as "showing plenty of dash" in the write up in the "Season Guide" .

Kicking efficiency would be key.

True. It also says that he has "a penetrating right boot" if that is any help. :)
sydney eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:19 am

How many weeks for kicking Ballantyne's ass?
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE06 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:33 am

Sico 17 wrote:
Bloodstream wrote:So apparently, Freo are also interested in picking him up with their 2nd round pick, in case we decide not to take him with ours?

Fremantle not really interested, just keeping WCE honest and making them use their second round pick and not the third rounder.

If they are interested they can have him. I'd rather keep pick #2
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby JYD on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:14 pm

I read today we've only offered our third-rounder
JYD
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Bloodstream on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Well, so far.
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Dom Sheed