11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Rosa Requests a Trade

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Rosa Requests a Trade

Postby Tony Evans Rules on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:04 am

sydney eagle wrote:
Tony Evans Rules wrote:Word is mid-2nd rounder deal will happen today.

Any rumours on who is after him ?

Looks to be signing a contract with GC as we speak.
Tony Evans Rules
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:07 am

Pick 31 apparently.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby MaxyB on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:18 am

Deroadster wrote:Rosa is a better player than most in our team and it showed in the GF and finals.

Is he really? Has the helicopter finally been awarded the kudos it deserves? Confusing attack and defense alike.

The coaching group suggested he wasn't a better player than "most in our team". The GF and finals?

It's why I love the internet. Just let your fingers do the walking.

Making sense is irrelevant. Getting it out there is what counts.

A second round pick will do.
Weathering The Storm
MaxyB
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 am

The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:53 am

Dead done!
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby farmer joe on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:54 am

MaxyB wrote:
Deroadster wrote:Rosa is a better player than most in our team and it showed in the GF and finals.

Is he really? Has the helicopter finally been awarded the kudos it deserves? Confusing attack and defense alike.

The coaching group suggested he wasn't a better player than "most in our team". The GF and finals?

It's why I love the internet. Just let your fingers do the walking.

Making sense is irrelevant. Getting it out there is what counts.

A second round pick will do.

Maxy. No one says it better. Great post.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:09 am

Better we sent him on his way this year, the compo pick we would get through FA would be terrible.
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby DALBY on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:25 am

All the best Matty, I thought you deserved better.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Mr Q on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:29 am

Pinion King wrote:Better we sent him on his way this year, the compo pick we would get through FA would be terrible.

I don't think it matters what we get really. We got 168 games out of a pick 29. We've got our value for money multiple times over - if we'd got back pick 1000 for Rosa, we'd still be ahead over the time he's been with the Eagles. He'd be playing as depth next year, and at 29, he'd know that if he waited another year, there might not be a club that wanted him. So he's done the right thing for himself now. I have no doubt that if he thought he was likely to be a regular in 2016, he'd have stayed to see if he could go one better.

When his career is over, he'll be considered to be an Eagle, same as Lynchy is. Good luck Matty Rosa at the GC.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:46 am

Mr Q wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Better we sent him on his way this year, the compo pick we would get through FA would be terrible.

I don't think it matters what we get really. We got 168 games out of a pick 29. We've got our value for money multiple times over - if we'd got back pick 1000 for Rosa, we'd still be ahead over the time he's been with the Eagles. He'd be playing as depth next year, and at 29, he'd know that if he waited another year, there might not be a club that wanted him. So he's done the right thing for himself now. I have no doubt that if he thought he was likely to be a regular in 2016, he'd have stayed to see if he could go one better.

When his career is over, he'll be considered to be an Eagle, same as Lynchy is. Good luck Matty Rosa at the GC.

Agree totally. Building a strong club is about doing the right thing by players who have done the right thing by our club. In this case we have done the right thing. Holding Rosa back for "depth" wouldn't have been a good look for the rest of the playing group. Good luck to Matty. I hope he gets at least a couple of years of regular footy at the Suns and positions himself for life after footy.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Corkintheocean on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks Matt Rosa for the very good footy you've played for us & good luck at the Suns.
2014 Sponsor of Callum "The Ex-Rookie Rookie" Sinclair
Corkintheocean
Regular

Postby MaxyB on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:49 am

Mr Q wrote:I don't think it matters what we get really

Let's not get complacent Q. It matters. Whether we like it or not, this game is a serious one.

So I'll wish Matt all the best - just as I wished Juddy all the best and Lynchy all the best and Jason Ball all the best. Jason who won a flag, wearing red and white.

I didn't cheer for him that day.
Weathering The Storm
MaxyB
Veteran

Postby Deroadster on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 am

Don't blame Rosa for going, deserved better from the Eagles.
He was more skilled and classy than most of the midfielders we have, was more versatile than most midfielders we have and at 28 was in prime.
Deroadster
Regular

Postby Ric on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:28 am

Mr Q wrote:

100% correct
Good luck and thanks for your services Rosa
If smoking is so bad, why does it cure dead fish?
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MaxyB on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:37 am

Deroadster wrote:Don't blame Rosa for going, deserved better from the Eagles.
He was more skilled and classy than most of the midfielders we have, was more versatile than most midfielders we have and at 28 was in prime.

Ah - I get the joke now. Ask anyone - always slow on the uptake me.

Trolling is such sweet fun.
Weathering The Storm
MaxyB
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading