Moderator: DALBY

Re: Rosa Requests a Trade

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:23 pm

Stoked with pick 31.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby krusty on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Sad to see my favourite Rosa go. He's been a wonderful clubman and played some great football on the wing. Formed strong partnerships with Embley and Gaff during his time. Wish him well at the Suns and I'm sure he'll make a good impact on the young midfield they've got. Playing alongside Ablett would be a treat for him. Going to miss him dearly.
Proud sponsor of Brad Sheppard in 2014! The Shep-machine is coming ~
krusty
Regular

Postby The Boat on Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm with Krusty on this one.

People are being way too dismissive of Rosa's ability and getting way too excited about pick 31. What are the odds of pick 31 having more output than Rosa's remaining 4-5 years? I am going with Nil.

I'll almost put my house* on the line that we lose out of this trade.

* Interchange house with, I dont know, my wheelbarrow...
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MaxyB on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Did we push him over the balcony? Or was he clever enough to see his best bet was to go elsewhere?

Who wins and who loses? You get to decide.

This is trade week, or month or however long it goes on for.
Weathering The Storm
MaxyB
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:15 pm

i would have preferred rosa stayed, however he seemed desperate to go.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:05 pm

MaxyB wrote:Did we push him over the balcony? Or was he clever enough to see his best bet was to go elsewhere?

Seemed like he asked for a trade and the club was reluctant and surprised. Suggests that he saw less opportunity with extra midfielders coming in and Jetta a likely second wingman after Gaff.
My bet is is on 'clever enough' over 'pushed'.

Good luck and this way will get games whereas at WC would be more and more depth.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:36 pm

I am very happy with that deal, it's what a trade should be; win-win-win.
Of the three picks potentially on offer from Gold Coast, we got the best, so stoked with that. Credit to Vozzo (or whoever) for holding out for a good deal.
I am in no way dismissive of Rosa's talent. Been a bloody excellent player for us, and should not have been sub for the finals.
But he's 29. No way we get 4-5 years out of him. We would have got 1, then he would have left for 1~2 elsewhere.
He remains a Life Member, and will always be remembered as an Eagle. I wish him all the best, and hopefully his maturity and experience can help set a better example for some of the party boys at GC.
As for the pick, it's decent, and sets us up nicely to maybe trade up to a 1st round, just have to wait and see.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Streaker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:48 am

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/afl/su ... 4zvxl.html

Former Eagle Matt Rosa has announced his retirement after 207 games. The 31-year-old said his body could no longer cope with the demands of playing football at the highest level but he is understood to want to remain in the game, potentially as a coach.

Rosa made his debut with West Coast in 2005 and just missed out being part of the club's 2006 premiership, playing 15 games and the club's first two finals in that season. Rosa, a tough, reliable midfielder at his best, said he had "emptied the tank" in a career that last 14 years.

Well Done Matt.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Mr Q on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:35 am

Streaker wrote:https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/afl/sun-sets-on-matt-rosa-s-career-20180807-p4zvxl.html

Former Eagle Matt Rosa has announced his retirement after 207 games. The 31-year-old said his body could no longer cope with the demands of playing football at the highest level but he is understood to want to remain in the game, potentially as a coach.

Rosa made his debut with West Coast in 2005 and just missed out being part of the club's 2006 premiership, playing 15 games and the club's first two finals in that season. Rosa, a tough, reliable midfielder at his best, said he had "emptied the tank" in a career that last 14 years.

Well Done Matt.

Anyone who gets to 200 games of AFL footy is a good player. Well done on a good career.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:49 am

Mr Q wrote:
Streaker wrote:https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/afl/sun-sets-on-matt-rosa-s-career-20180807-p4zvxl.html

Well Done Matt.

Anyone who gets to 200 games of AFL footy is a good player. Well done on a good career.

Yep. He was a good wingman runner for us. Him on one wing, Gaff on another. He's a life member of this great club. Seemed like a nice enough bloke too.

I wish him all the best for the future.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jourgo on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:11 am

Yep, congratulations and well played sir. All the best in carving out a successful post-playing career.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Previous

Return to Drafts and Trading