The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: 2016 Rookie Draft (no PSD)

Postby Streaker on Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Daddyswing on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Obviously a different type of player, but ths way he moves in some of those clips reminds me a bit of Daniel Wells.
Say what you will about America, but 13 bucks still buys you a hell of a lot of mice!
Daddyswing
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:42 pm

The AFL video looks like its 2014 and the WCE 2016.

Interesting vids. The 2014 shows his leaping, tackling, defensive pressure and run. The 2016 shows more of his ball use and running ability. For a defender he shows all the attributes. He is hard to pick, but I agree there is some Wells in him and also some Lewis Jetta. It's great to see we have got some aboriginal talent in this draft. With Rioli and Watson, and a developing Karpany I think we have some really exciting prospects coming through.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Would rather have had Mitch Brown that McInnes.
What does it take to get him to develop? He's already 23.4 years.
Hasn't even looked like a confident KPF or goal kicker. Can't see him as a ruck either.

Lycett's one year older, kicked two goals in his first ever game when he was still 18, and now is set to be our Mighty Man next year.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:40 pm

Those highlights reel make Watson look like a top ten pick. Can hit a target with limited time, traffic no issue. I wonder... fingers crossed.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:33 am

Is our Cat B quota still capped at 3? If so that would explain why we cut Adamson
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Eliot Mess on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:

Those highlights reel make Watson look like a top ten pick. Can hit a target with limited time, traffic no issue. I wonder... fingers crossed.

Goes both feet, great mark, gives off then moves to support/receive ... where has he been?
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby sydney eagle on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:20 am

West Coast have signed East Perth midfielder Tarir Bayok as a category-B rookie.

The Eagles had the right to sign Bayok after selecting him as a member of their Next Generation Academy.

That's TWO players from East Perth.

This is going to sound hilarious, but please tell me Donald Trump isn't president in this universe.
[/quote][/quote]

Bayok may be exactly what we need, fastest 20m sprinter in the nation according to the news report[/quote]
2.79 seconds for the 20 metre sprint at the combine apparently also top 10 in the agility test.
sydney eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Re: 2016 Rookie Draft (&PSD)

Postby Crazy Dazz on Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:23 pm

Streaker wrote:I'm hoping we pick up Marlion Pickett in the Rookie Draft. Can see him being a good replacement for Butler but with a bit more dash.

Well Shit eh
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Streaker on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Streaker wrote:I'm hoping we pick up Marlion Pickett in the Rookie Draft. Can see him being a good replacement for Butler but with a bit more dash.

Well Shit eh

Yeah I also wanted to draft DeBoer when he was delisted, wanted Sydney Stack and a few others that have gone on to stardom. Have also been known to want players who've turned into absolute spuds drafted but we won't mention that. Shhhhhh. It's like the old monkey and the typewriter scenario.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:29 am

Pickett helps them win a Premiership and gets rewarded with a 1 year Rookie contract and his managers bragging about it. Makes you wonder.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Streaker wrote:I know there'd be an unwritten law somewhere that prevents it but I'd really like us to break with protocol and pick up Jarrod Garlett who recently quit the Suns. Being back in his hometown and having some structure and guidance whilst keeping him in a monitored environment from guys like Troy Cook and Dale Kickett at the Wirrpanda Foundation would benefit him no end.
Delisted by Carltank now.
Would he be worthwhile cover for Willie? Or has he got too much baggage?
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Streaker on Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Streaker wrote:I know there'd be an unwritten law somewhere that prevents it but I'd really like us to break with protocol and pick up Jarrod Garlett who recently quit the Suns. Being back in his hometown and having some structure and guidance whilst keeping him in a monitored environment from guys like Troy Cook and Dale Kickett at the Wirrpanda Foundation would benefit him no end.
Delisted by Carltank now.
Would he be worthwhile cover for Willie? Or has he got too much baggage?

I'm hoping we've learnt our lesson and no longer take guys like Josh Smith, Leon Davis etc again. Seems to be a reason they're delisted. I'd rather rookie someone who missed the draft because of injury or a mature ager rather than list another cast off. I'd also like to see us turn over our rookies a lot quicker rather than keeping them on the list for 8 years in some cases. Look at guys like Brooksby, McInnes and Smith where we could have had Pickett or Stack. Love that we took a punt on Harry Edwards and that's what we should be doing not picking up other teams delistings.

This year there is a large contingent of players from WA who didn't have a good run with injury at colts level that I'd rather than Garlett. Mitch Georgiades, Riley Garcia and Jaxon Prior are all available this year. Georgiades suffered a quad injury and hasn't played all year. I'd still take a chance in the rookie draft. Garcia did an ACL but still warrants a rookie spot. Prior is in my opinion under-rated, I'd take him at our 4th pick. All 3 are

Mutimer has been on our list for 4 years.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Previous

Return to Drafts and Trading