West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2018 Draft Guru

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

2018 Draft Guru

Postby Streaker on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Time once again to put your recruiting cap on and tell us who you think we'll take in the draft. We'll have anywhere between 3 and 5 picks so we'll give you the opportunity to pick 6 names.

For me.

Luke Valente
Jack Bytel
Hugo Munn
Jarred Cameron
Darcy Fort
Xavier Duursma
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Re: 2018 Draft Guru

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Streaker wrote:Time once again to put your recruiting cap on and tell us who you think we'll take in the draft. We'll have anywhere between 3 and 5 picks so we'll give you the opportunity to pick 6 names.

For me.

Luke Valente
Jack Bytel
Hugo Munn
Jarred Cameron
Darcy Fort
Xavier Duursma

Don't you think one of the Adelaide teams will take Valante?
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran

Postby Streaker on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 am

Clarke Markx Goalz wrote:
Streaker wrote:Time once again to put your recruiting cap on and tell us who you think we'll take in the draft. We'll have anywhere between 3 and 5 picks so we'll give you the opportunity to pick 6 names.

For me.

Luke Valente
Jack Bytel
Hugo Munn
Jarred Cameron
Darcy Fort
Xavier Duursma

Don't you think one of the Adelaide teams will take Valante?

Who knows? Might be why I never win this thing.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby CouchPotato on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:20 am

My Guess (based on 0 background whatsoever)...

Jarod Cameron
Chayce Jones
Curtis Taylor
Sam Sturt
Will Kelly*
Ian Hill

*I couldn't find any KPD in phantom form guides except Will Kelly (Collingwood F/S) - so we're unlikely to get him, but we need a young KPD - I reserve the right to replace him with any other KPD on draft night :D :lol:
CouchPotato
Veteran

Postby Perrythegreat on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:57 pm

I'll try and do some research on this one for a change.
2015 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "player sponsor of Scooter every odd year"
2014 Official sponsor of NicNat, "taking the mark of the bicentenary some time soon"
2013 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "welcome back Scooter"
2012 Official sponsor of Josh Hill, "the tall small that kicks goals through all"
2011 Official Sponsor of Scott Selwood, "tagging midfielders in a town near you soon".
Perrythegreat
Veteran

Postby Perrythegreat on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:34 pm

First thoughts are:

Liam Stocker
Edward McHenry
Xavier O'Hallaran
Jacob Koschitzke
Jarrod Cameron
Sidney Stack
2015 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "player sponsor of Scooter every odd year"
2014 Official sponsor of NicNat, "taking the mark of the bicentenary some time soon"
2012 Official sponsor of Josh Hill, "the tall small that kicks goals through all"
2011 Official Sponsor of Scott Selwood, "tagging midfielders in a town near you soon".
Perrythegreat
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:04 am

Ian Hill
Xavier O'Halloran
Jarrod Cameron
Riley Bowman
Will Golds
Jacob Kennerley
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Perrythegreat on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:43 pm

I really liked the look of that Mosquito guy, but he is a priority selection to the Hawks. Shame, he looks to have a skill set we would like. He's a left footer as well, and that seems a part of Clarkson/Simpson theory, IMHO.
Perrythegreat
Veteran

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:18 pm

I find it almost impossible to predict, so I will use the shotgun approach and hope to hit something:

Riley Collier-Dawkins
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-08/tomorrows-heroes-riley-collier-dawkins
This guy will either be a bolter or a slider.
I don't rate him as a mid, but could develop into a handy KPP.

Liam Stocker
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-30/tomorrows-heroes-liam-stocker
He's predicted to go somewhere around our picks. I think he will go earlier unless too many teams are chasing KPPs
Has had a few injuries, but seems a quality Inside-Mid prospect.
If he slips to us, I hope we jump on him (even if he is a Melbournian.)

Jez McLennan
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2018-10-25/tomorrows-heroes-jez-mclennan
Another tipped to go around about our picks.
An Interecpting mid-sized Defender, IMHO he would fit our game-plan perfectly.
He's a croweater but AFAIK has no links to the Bogans.

Luke Valente
https://www.footyalmanac.com.au/luke-valente-elite-leader/
Been a lot of speculation about where he will go.
He's another quality Mid option, and captained the Victorious Crows at U18.
The Bogans and Crows have traded themselves into formidable positions in the 1st round, with picks 5, 8, 10, 13, 15, & 16.
I reckon if both McLennan and Valente last till our 1st pick, we need to decide whom we prefer and snap him up, because the Crows have pick 21, and then its daylight.
Peronally I would hope we get Mclennan, but my tip, for what little its worth, is that he'll be gone, and we should get Valente with pick 20.

Jordan Clark
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-week-jordan-clarks-opts-for-footy-over-cricket/news-story/70db58b31036f86452b9ea16e260b12b
With his diagnosis of Glandular Fever this kid should slide like snot on a doorknob.
With some kids, like Waterman, taking years to even get back on the paddock, realistically most teams should run away screaming.
But potentially we (and the purple pus) are better placed to read the tea leaves of his personal life. If he was still around when our 3rd pick (~62) comes along, and we know the inside story, he could be worth a punt.

Obviously, we will take Jarrod Cameron. But where's the fun in that. Might as well predict the sun rising tomorrow.
I also think that the only way we'll take 5 picks, is if we want to promote a rookie. (Watson most likely, but not one of my official tips.)

Edit 1
Remove Ian Hill
If the Muppets don't take him, I'll be surprised, and if he lasts to us, he's not a priority type. Especially with Cameron almost a certainty, and the chance to pick up Stack late.

Add
James Blanck
https://taccup.com.au/afl-draft-watch-james-blanck/
Bit of a speculative roughie this one.
I think we'll look to pick up a Tall Defender to develop, but I think realistically we'd be hoping that Cameron slips, and we can use a late pick (like 62) rather than 22.
So I was going to say Koschitzke. But reality is either his Hip Problem is fixable and he'll go earlier, or he's stuffed. So, no idea who we'd actually pick, and no real insight into us getting Blanck, other than that he would suit our game (and in fact he too may go earlier.) But he' as good a guess as any.
Last edited by Crazy Dazz on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby MrWoollie on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Based on absolutely nothing but a feeling that we will look to boost the midfield with a bit more class and pace. Many will not make it to us but here goes.

Ian Hill
Luke Valente
Xavier Duursma
Jarrod Cameron
Sam Sturt
Liam Stocker
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Based on not much at all other than having a go.

Draft picks: 20, 22, 61, 72, 76, 94

My thoughts are everything past pick 20 is a bit of a gamble so go local where you can, especially as they will have to be super good to play too many games next year year with a host of premiership players and unlucky stars ahead of them.

Luke FOLEY (Midfielder; 187cm/75kg Subiaco)
Hopefully should be available with our first pick so take him. I can only see upside.
+ Accumulation, skills, workrate, clean hands, scoreboard impact.

Dillon O’REILLY (Key Position; 194cm/89k East Fremantle)
A long-term prospect at this size. Can only get better.

Jarrod CAMERON (Small Forward; 180cm/69kg Perth)
A given we will take him if we can.

Sydney STACK (Midfielder; 177cm/72kg Perth)
If he slides to late then snap him up.

Tyron SMALLWOOD (Small Forward; 177cm/80kg Claremont)
+ Skill execution, decision making, scoreboard impact, tackling

Darcy FORT (Ruck; 204cm/96kg Central District)
Well if he lasted...

I thought this PDF draft guide was a good read when I was having a look at the draft.
https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2018 ... aft-guide/
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:Based on not much at all other than having a go.

Hopefully should be available with our first pick so take him. I can only see upside.

And the winner is....

Looks like my limited research and having a go paid off. I'm having a go at lotto next week... :)

Tell me if I'm wrong but while everyone picked Cameron I can't see anyone other than me having picked a second player? Though a couple came close with "Xavier" but then failed on the surname.

While on Luke Foley I'm pleased we picked him up and even more please to see he has grown another centimetre already! Papers now have him at 188cm. Should be over 190 by preseason...
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Streaker on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:Based on not much at all other than having a go.

And the winner is....

Looks like my limited research and having a go paid off. I'm having a go at lotto next week... :)

Tell me if I'm wrong but while everyone picked Cameron I can't see anyone other than me having picked a second player? Though a couple came close with "Xavier" but then failed on the surname.

While on Luke Foley I'm pleased we picked him up and even more please to see he has grown another centimetre already! Papers now have him at 188cm. Should be over 190 by preseason...

Playing Armchair recruiter isn't as easy as it looks. Well done and good luck with lotto.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Return to Drafts and Trading