West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Mitch McGovern?

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Mitch McGovern?

Postby Crazy Dazz on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:32 am

Claims he came very close to signing with Westcoast (and the Muppets)
https://thewest.com.au/sport/carlton-blues/eagles-dockers-almost-tempted-carlton-recruit-mitch-mcgovern-ng-b881025502z
Whilst I think he would have been a good pickup, and like the idea of reuniting the brothers, I don't think we would have had much to offer him?
He'd be waiting for injuries or JK's retirement to get a game surely?
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Re: Mitch McGovern?

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 am

Says he got quite jealous of Jeremy for playing in and winning a flag, but he has gotten past it now, clearly because moving to Carlton shows he has no interest in winning one, at least not until his contract runs out.

He seems like a talented individual, but honestly I think the key part of that is "individual". Seems to be very self serving at the moment and if he is in fact that way then I wouldn't want him at the club. But he could just be putting up a media front and he could be a humble clubman. At the moment he would be purely depth at our team anyways and considering his injury history, not exactly what you would like as depth.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:15 am

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
He seems like a talented individual, but honestly I think the key part of that is "individual". Seems to be very self serving at the moment and if he is in fact that way then I wouldn't want him at the club. But he could just be putting up a media front and he could be a humble clubman.

He alluded to their being other personal issues in the mix as well. He's not talking about it, but clearly it had an impact on him.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Fat Side wrote:
WCE Booka 89 wrote:
He seems like a talented individual, but honestly I think the key part of that is "individual". Seems to be very self serving at the moment and if he is in fact that way then I wouldn't want him at the club. But he could just be putting up a media front and he could be a humble clubman.

He alluded to their being other personal issues in the mix as well. He's not talking about it, but clearly it had an impact on him.

The camp..
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Return to Drafts and Trading