West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2019 Trade Targets

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: 2019 Trade Targets

Postby Crazy Dazz on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Fat Side wrote:Apparently Geelong don't want to trade players for Kelly, just draft picks.

Due to trade rules, Geelong must use a first round pick this year.
Fine, they can have our first round pick. :lol:
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Fat Side on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Fat Side wrote:Apparently Geelong don't want to trade players for Kelly, just draft picks.

Due to trade rules, Geelong must use a first round pick this year.
Fine, they can have our first round pick. :lol:

They have to use a first round pick this year to comply with the rules around trading future picks. They also want Jack Steven and sniffing around Goldstein. So they will need plenty of picks to grab the ruckman and Steve while participating in the first round of the draft.Steven
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Streaker on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Geelong have stated that they want to have 3 picks within the Top 30 this year. They already have picks 18, 36 and 54.

We have picks 14, 22, 32 and 59.

If we give them Picks 14 and 22 for Kelly and pick 36 and swap 59 for 54 I'd be happy with that.

Theyd have their 3 picks in the Top 30.

We'd have Kelly, Picks 32, 36 and 54
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:15 am

Streaker wrote:Geelong have stated that they want to have 3 picks within the Top 30 this year. They already have picks 18, 36 and 54.

If we give them Picks 14 and 22 for Kelly and pick 36 and swap 59 for 54 I'd be happy with that.

That looks like a common sense deal. We could trade out some players that may help us regain some draft picks.

I think Schofield would be a good fit for another club. He is versatile, robust and has run. He is 31 in January so could go for another 2-3 years. Gold Coast perhaps? He could be worth a pick around 30.

He is a fringe player for us, he would get more opportunities to play and would give opportunities to Rotham etc.

Maybe Masten to GC for a third or fourth round pick?
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:39 am

Fat Side wrote:
Streaker wrote:Geelong have stated that they want to have 3 picks within the Top 30 this year. They already have picks 18, 36 and 54.

That looks like a common sense deal. We could trade out some players that may help us regain some draft picks.

I think Schofield would be a good fit for another club. He is versatile, robust and has run. He is 31 in January so could go for another 2-3 years. Gold Coast perhaps? He could be worth a pick around 30.

He is a fringe player for us, he would get more opportunities to play and would give opportunities to Rotham etc.

Maybe Masten to GC for a third or fourth round pick?

Schofield is too important to the back setup at the moment. His lockdown roles allow Barrass and Gov to do what Barrass and Gov do best.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Mr Q on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:09 pm

I think Schofield is a very easy one. Unless he asks to be traded, he stays. It wasn't accidental that he came back in for a final as he's got a good big game record.

Plus it seems he bleeds blue and gold now. Through his career he's never been the first selected or the high profile player. But he's been the player you could rely on when the cops were down, as we saw in last year's GF. Those players you bend over backwards for.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:23 pm

We CAN'T trade Schofield.
He is an unrestricted Free-Agent.
If he wanted to leave, he could.

I suspect that his contract is simply waiting on trade period, to see how much we can afford to pay him, and/or to see what offers actually materialise during the FA period.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Well Shai Bolton has signed on to stay at Richmond for 2 more years:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/wa-star-shai-bolton-commits-to-richmond-for-two-more-years-ng-b881320174z
I'd be curious what was going on behind the scenes.
I always thought our interest was a little weird, given our abundance of SFs, Did we realise we couldn't get the deal done, did the Muppets not come calling, or did he just change his mind?
Can only hope it means we have our sights set on other targets.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:Well Shai Bolton has signed on to stay at Richmond for 2 more years:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/wa-star-shai-bolton-commits-to-richmond-for-two-more-years-ng-b881320174z
I'd be curious what was going on behind the scenes.
I always thought our interest was a little weird, given our abundance of SFs, Did we realise we couldn't get the deal done, did the Muppets not come calling, or did he just change his mind?
Can only hope it means we have our sights set on other targets.

I think it may have been him and his manager trying to talk up his price at Richmond.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:00 pm

MrWoollie wrote:J Martin - Girlfriend from Melbourne and has stated that he wants Melbourne. We can ask, but basically no chance.

I'm not as down on SPP as some. Think he'd be ok for us.
Martin has asked for a trade to Carltank
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-10/make-me-a-blue-wantaway-sun-martin-set-to-nominate-carlton

Nice to see that chequebook footy is alive & well.

Powell-Pepper has been linked to (unspecified) interest from WA,
but also apparently Woosh is after him.

I wonder how much the Bogans would want for him?
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Streaker on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:
MrWoollie wrote:J Martin - Girlfriend from Melbourne and has stated that he wants Melbourne. We can ask, but basically no chance.

I'm not as down on SPP as some. Think he'd be ok for us.
Martin has asked for a trade to Carltank
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-10/make-me-a-blue-wantaway-sun-martin-set-to-nominate-carlton

Nice to see that chequebook footy is alive & well.

Powell-Pepper has been linked to (unspecified) interest from WA,
but also apparently Woosh is after him.

I wonder how much the Bogans would want for him?

Apparently Orazio Fantasia wants to go home to South Australia. Probably a clean swap.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:09 pm

I just hope our preoccupation with Kelly doesn't keep us away from other opportunities. There seems to be a lot of players potentially on the move.

"Obviously those wanting to "come home" are prime targets, but we should also work on others. As a wealthy club with great facilities, a great new stadium, great fans, and poised for continuing success, we should e able to sell ourselves as a preferred destination.

If we get Kelly, and are looking o challenge again in the next few years, I think we need another Forward.
I don't want us putting all our eggs in the Brander basket
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:14 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:I just hope our preoccupation with Kelly doesn't keep us away from other opportunities. There seems to be a lot of players potentially on the move.

"Obviously those wanting to "come home" are prime targets, but we should also work on others. As a wealthy club with great facilities, a great new stadium, great fans, and poised for continuing success, we should e able to sell ourselves as a preferred destination.

If we get Kelly, and are looking o challenge again in the next few years, I think we need another Forward.

Allen, Brander, Waterman, Darling. Think we are ok for forwards. Probably in 2-3 years we draft another tall forward.

Xavier Ellis seems to like us getting the former rising star small forward/mid from Brisbane, Lewis Taylor, who is stuck in the NEAFL, to fill Rioli's hole as the forward that can pinch hit mid. Cameron will be up and down and going through the whole year as a second year player will be tough and I cant see him playing mid. I watched a few highlights, he has a bit of speed and class.

https://youtu.be/9AmNAZhQSZk
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:19 pm

Pinion King wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:I just hope our preoccupation with Kelly doesn't keep us away from other opportunities. There seems to be a lot of players potentially on the move.

Allen, Brander, Waterman, Darling. Think we are ok for forwards. Probably in 2-3 years we draft another tall forward.

Allen's strength this year has been his versatility, so I suppose it depends if we continue to use him in that role.
Brander has a long way to go, and I am far from convinced. At his point he could be the next JK or the next McInnes. Just goes to show that The Eagles should stick to their plans, instead of taking players that they are "Surprised are Still Available." We'd have Allen, Kelly, and probably another flag.
We have to accept that next year will most probably be JK's last, and if he keeps copping these little injuries then the end may come sooner than we'd like.

Pinion King wrote:Xavier Ellis seems to like us getting the former rising star small forward/mid from Brisbane, Lewis Taylor, who is stuck in the NEAFL, to fill Rioli's hole as the forward that can pinch hit mid. Cameron will be up and down and going through the whole year as a second year player will be tough and I cant see him playing mid. I watched a few highlights, he has a bit of speed and class.

Cameron has been trialled in the WAFL midfield, but just isn't there yet.
We were apparently after Shai Bolton (even before we knew Rioli was done???) so yes another speedy forward who can rotate through the middle could be on the agenda.
I wouldn't say no to Taylor, but I'd like to know why he's on the outs again at Brisbane.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:44 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
Streaker wrote:Hasn't gone on to be the player we thought he'd be. His brother Adam was the better Selwood for West Coast and thats saying something.

It's actually ended being pretty easy to rank the Selwoods.

Joel,
Adam,
Scott,
Troy.

Scott has been delisted by the Cats.

Never got going since he left WCE.
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Previous

Return to Drafts and Trading