11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2019 Trade Targets

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: 2019 Trade Targets

Postby Crazy Dazz on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Fat Side wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:Supposedly Sam Powell-Pepper is on the outer at Port and wants a trade.
Very promising young player. Played every game in his 1st season, and has been good without be brilliant. With 3 seasons and 50 games under his belt, he should be poised for big things.
He's contracted though, so Port will want their pound of flesh.

Give him a miss. We don't need to sniff around every ordinary ex-pat WA player. That's what Freo are for.

He's far from ordinary. He was probably overshadowed a bit by his hyphen buddy, but I still wish we'd taken him instead of Venables.
He's already good, and should be coming into his prime.
Problem is that Hinkley seems to be losing the plot, and apparently doesn't even bother talking to the list management people.
(They paid a small fortune for Lycett, and Hinkley doesn't even want to give him a game.)

Even IF Venables makes a full recovery, SPP is still better than anyone we have coming through.
Last edited by Crazy Dazz on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:54 pm

DALBY wrote:Jack Martin wants out.
Crazy Dazz wrote:I see Jack Martin has finally had enough.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-27/gun-sun-on-the-move-talented-mid-officially-requests-trade

Looks to be heading South at this point, but I hope we are at least sniffing around.
Plus with Ballantyne retiring, you'd think the Muppets would be interested.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Streaker on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:49 pm

With Coniglio signing a massive deal at GWS there will be a lot of quality players squeezed out of the Giants. We should be looking really hard at Finlayson or Himmelberg to replace Kennedy as well as Jaconb Hopper.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby MrWoollie on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:14 pm

Coniglio - off the table.
J Martin - Girlfriend from Melbourne and has stated that he wants Melbourne. We can ask, but basically no chance.

I'm not as down on SPP as some. Think he'd be ok for us.

Definitely need to look at who from GWS is available. Either Cogs has signed for way unders or they are now going to have some serious cash issues.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:41 pm

MrWoollie wrote:Coniglio - off the table.
J Martin - Girlfriend from Melbourne and has stated that he wants Melbourne.
WTF?
What happened to the WA girl he was dating???

So what, the Melbourne clubs now just employ strumpets to recruit their players??? :evil:
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Perrythegreat on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:29 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:
WTF?

So what, the Melbourne clubs now just employ strumpets to recruit their players??? :evil:

That's actually not as silly as it sounds!!

Still think we are lining up Kelly. How we get him, I've got no idea, but seeing Melbourne are willing to trade pick 2, might be of interest.
2015 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "player sponsor of Scooter every odd year"
2014 Official sponsor of NicNat, "taking the mark of the bicentenary some time soon"
2013 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "welcome back Scooter"
2012 Official sponsor of Josh Hill, "the tall small that kicks goals through all"
2011 Official Sponsor of Scott Selwood, "tagging midfielders in a town near you soon".
Perrythegreat
Veteran

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:
WTF?

That's what was reported. Knowing the accuracy of the press, she may be from WA and has a job in Melbourne, or she wants to move to Melbourne or something.

Either way, he has stated it's Melbourne he wants, so we are not in that race...

'Martin, out of contract, on Tuesday officially requested Gold Coast to trade him to a Victorian-based club.'
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:29 pm

There is talk we have a done deal to get Shai Bolton.

Do we really need another small forward? A few years ago we were crying out for one. Now we have them coming from everywhere.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby DALBY on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Pinion King wrote:There is talk we have a done deal to get Shai Bolton.

Do we really need another small forward? A few years ago we were crying out for one. Now we have them coming from everywhere.

Better not be straight swap for Rioli. That's just dreaming.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:40 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:
WTF?

That's what was reported. Knowing the accuracy of the press, she may be from WA and has a job in Melbourne, or she wants to move to Melbourne or something.'

Seems its a different girl, sad. Pretty sure when he moved to GC, his local gf Ellie(?) moved over to support him.
Now he seems to be hooked up with somebody called Brittany. I've sure she's a lovely girl, who works with disabled orphans, but she looks like a typical GC Bimbo.
Well I suppose a bimbo is better than drugs.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:09 pm

DALBY wrote:
Pinion King wrote:There is talk we have a done deal to get Shai Bolton.
Better not be straight swap for Rioli. That's just dreaming.

As we have seen, getting decent players who "want to come home" is much rarer than we would like. So I guess when there is a legitimate prospect, we have a red-hot go.
The thing I remember about Bolton is that he is QUICK. So potentially they see him as somebody that could play on a wing??

It does seem a little curious, as I would assume he would push out somebody like Petru. But again, maybe they see him as a Masto or even Jetta replacement?
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby farmer joe on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:
like a typical GC Bimbo.

So they are Bimbo's on the GC but "WAGS" who should be admired for their contribution to society everywhere else? Pretty sure the girls following the AFL boys around are the same Australia wide.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 pm

farmer joe wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote: like a typical GC Bimbo.

So they are Bimbo's on the GC but "WAGS" who should be admired for their contribution to society everywhere else? Pretty sure the girls following the AFL boys around are the same Australia wide.
as I said:
Crazy Dazz wrote:I'm sure she's a lovely girl, who works with disabled orphans.

But that said, there is a certain category of young people (male and female) that chose to move to the GC in their late teens or early twenties, basically for the "drugs-beach-party" lifestyle.
And I guess for them, catching a human ATM like an AFL player, would be better than winning lotto.

But like I said, I'm sure "Brittany" is a lovely young lady, who loves Jack for his personality & character.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby farmer joe on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:39 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:
farmer joe wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote: like a typical GC Bimbo.

as I said:
Crazy Dazz wrote:I'm sure she's a lovely girl, who works with disabled orphans.

But that said, there is a certain category of young people (male and female) that chose to move to the GC in their late teens or early twenties, basically for the "drugs-beach-party" lifestyle.
And I guess for them, catching a human ATM like an AFL player, would be better than winning lotto.

But like I said, I'm sure "Brittany" is a lovely young lady, who loves Jack for his personality & character.

Never happens in Perth though....Embley, Butler, Crowley ect all say hi. :)
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:40 pm

Apparently Geelong don't want to trade players for Kelly, just draft picks.

Due to trade rules, Geelong must use a first round pick this year.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading