West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2019 Trade Period

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

2019 Trade Period

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:51 pm

CouchPotato wrote:I think our ultimate strategy should be to try to get pick 6 from St Kilda (or any pick above Freo’s pick). This then gives us absolute control over the entire process

Whether pick 14 and 22 gets the job done for St Kilda I dunno? Sydney (pick 5) might have some father son’s coming through that they might want to get points for instead?

Then we tell Geelong to take our offer of 2 second rounders, or he can nominate for the Draft.

I would actually prefer to pay more to another club to be able to screw Geelong over.

There could be some interesting trades going around...

GWS have two 1st rounders, #12 and #18. But they will be expecting Green to be bid on early, effectively decimating those picks.
They will be looking to do a trade with Melbourne, who are open to moving backwards in the first round.
That way not only do they get a great pick, but they can then take Green for nothing but debt. (Or they will then do profitable trades to get late picks in exchange for a future 1st rounder.)
#12 + #18 are roughly equivalent in value to #2, but Melbourne will want a sweetener to move backwards.

Freo will lose Hill to the Saints, and Langdon to the Dees. They are red hot and keen to parley that into the Saint's 1st pick #6.
That gives then a very solid position with consecutive picks.
Importantly they will be expecting a bid on Henry somewhere late in the 1st or early 2nd round, so they don't want 2nd round picks.
Not sure how to value Hill and Langdon, but they were reportedly prepared to accept the Dee's 2nd rounder for Langdon, so perhaps both in exchange for pick #6 is an ok deal?

Holding up any deal with the Dees is that they are keen to be a big player in the draft this year and only want to pay with future picks.
Similarly the Saints are chasing a lot of players and will be looking to use future picks wherever possible.

Although the Cats are adamant they don't want players in any trade for Kelly. They are still chasing Jack Steven from the Saints.
He seems a strange target as he will be 30 next season and only add to their ageing issues. I can only assume that since he has issues and has threatened retirement if not traded, that the Cats expect to get him cheap.

One player getting mentioned as part of any potential Saints trade is Blake Acres.
I don't know if he's still interested in playing us, or if he'd accept what we're offering? I know Freo tried to get him last time around, and he told them to bugger off, so i don't know if he'd be interested in any swap for Hill.
I wouldn't say no, at the right price, but I don't think we'll have much currency after Kelly.
Last edited by Crazy Dazz on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Re: 2019 Trade Week

Postby Pinion King on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:38 am

Free Agency compensation needs a serious looking into.

Richomd a looking like getting a 1st rounder for Ellis.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Mykidsdad on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:57 am

Pinion King wrote:Free Agency compensation needs a serious looking into.

Got a 2nd rounder, they are howling
Mykidsdad
Veteran

Postby jourgo on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:51 am

Mykidsdad wrote:

Brendan Gale is not a stupid man. He would have to know that Ellis is not worth a first round pick on the open market, so you know his reaction to the compo pick is perhaps just a touch disingenuous.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:33 am

jourgo wrote:
Mykidsdad wrote:

Brendan Gale is not a stupid man. He would have to know that Ellis is not worth a first round pick on the open market, so you know his reaction to the compo pick is perhaps just a touch disingenuous.

The stinger is of course that as Premiers, the difference between "end of 1st Round" and "2nd Round" is likely to be around 20 places.

We got similarly dudded with Selwood, but somehow got the end of 1st round for Lycett.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:37 pm

Hahaha, Cox to Essendon!!!! :lol:

Think they need to be drug tested again.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Streaker on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:42 am

Perhaps we should target Mason Wood. Wouldn't expect him to cost much.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:14 am

Is Tom Cole expendable? With the amount of players leaving Adelaide we may have an opportunity to get back into the top 30.

Adelaide Pick 28 or Port Adelaide Pick 29 perhaps?
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 am

Streaker wrote:Is Tom Cole expendable? With the amount of players leaving Adelaide we may have an opportunity to get back into the top 30.

Adelaide Pick 28 or Port Adelaide Pick 29 perhaps?

If that is what he wanted and Nelson was staying long term then maybe. Cole is a good player, won me over last year so pick 28 would have to net us someone who'd be long term useful.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:00 pm

jourgo wrote:
Mykidsdad wrote:

I heard someone in the media say that the contract that the Tigers were prepared to put on the table for Ellis is also part of the 'secret formula.'

Shits me clubs don't have to pay the free agency trade price themselves, at least points value if not picks.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Been pretty quiet so far this year. 2 Free-Agents have found new homes, and sofar just our trade.

Still quite a few players to find their new homes, so it should start cranking soon.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Mykidsdad on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:51 am

Saints have traded pick 6. Dockers wanted that for Hill, they would not be happy. :D
Mykidsdad
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Mykidsdad wrote:Saints have traded pick 6. Dockers wanted that for Hill, they would not be happy. :D

Just saw that, had me in stitches.
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:There could be some interesting trades going around...
GWS have two 1st rounders, #12 and #18. But they will be expecting Green to be bid on early, effectively decimating those picks.
They will be looking to do a trade with Melbourne, who are open to moving backwards in the first round.
That way not only do they get a great pick, but they can then take Green for nothing but debt. (Or they will then do profitable trades to get late picks in exchange for a future 1st rounder.)
#12 + #18 are roughly equivalent in value to #2, but Melbourne will want a sweetener to move backwards.

Mykidsdad wrote:Saints have traded pick 6. Dockers wanted that for Hill, they would not be happy. :D

The Giants parted with picks No.12 and No.18 to secure pick No.6 from the Saints, also receiving pick No.59 as part of the deal

I predicted they would try to do a deal with Melbourne, but this one is extremely risky.
They have paid way over the money for pick 6, and that still leaves them at risk. Especially since Sydney are still holding pick #5 and are almost certain to bid on Green.
I can only think that they have already lined up a trade with Melbourne or Adelaide...
Last edited by Crazy Dazz on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:34 pm

The Kelly deal has thrown everything into disarray.

Every team is now asking far more than what they originally would have asked for.

Freo asked Saints for pick 6, next years first and third rounders.
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Next

Return to Drafts and Trading