West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Draft Guru 2019

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Draft Guru 2019

Postby Pinion King on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:03 pm

Roadkill wrote:Ben Johnson lookslike a player, reminds me of a young bunger, composed and long kick but has more speed. :D

Was thinking the same.

Was a lot of talk pre-draft that we are looking for our next Hurn.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Meh.

After trading away the farm, we were never looking at anything wonderful in the draft.

I'm surprised Taheny slipped so far. Logic says we should have taken him, but such selections never seem to end well. I guess most clubs saw too many weaknesses in his game.

Jamieson is an ultra long-term prospect who would be better off on the Rookie List.
ANd FMD if we were going to draft another ruckman, we should have probably let Vardy go.

I'm also shocked that both us and the Muppets overlooked Garcia. I know he's small and had a few injuries, but should have been worth a punt.

End of the day, there wasn't a lot of depth in this draft after the first couple of rounds, these picks are punts, and these players are as good a gamble as any. Hope they both have great careers.

Still got a couple of spots to fill in the rookie draft, so that might provide a bit of interest.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:05 am

Treacy (mature), O'Neill, Ah Chee and Brayshaw rookies. Passed on our last pick.

How many spots left on rookie list, one?
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Fat Side on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Pinion King wrote:Treacy (mature), O'Neill, Ah Chee and Brayshaw rookies. Passed on our last pick.

How many spots left on rookie list, one?

One spot left. May add a selection in the SSP (Pickett?)

Very happy that Mitch O'NIELL slid through to us. He was touted to go in the top 30-40.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:04 pm

I think that O'Neill is our first player drafted from Tasmania?
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:05 pm

Other Clubs: Months of strenuous research and evaluation have boiled down to this...

Eagles: "Who's available from Claremont?"
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:53 pm

Fat Side wrote:Very happy that Mitch O'NIELL slid through to us. He was touted to go in the top 30-40.

Hopefully his first stop is Hungry Jacks, needs to get stuck into the Whoppers.

The State Leagues are full of guys like him. Brilliant mids, who excel at U18s, and are just nowhere near big enough to play AFL.

I can only hope the club has researched his family and is confident he'll be a late bloomer, in which case it could be a brilliant move
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Streaker on Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:20 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Fat Side wrote:Very happy that Mitch O'NIELL slid through to us. He was touted to go in the top 30-40.

Hopefully his first stop is Hungry Jacks, needs to get stuck into the Whoppers.

The State Leagues are full of guys like him. Brilliant mids, who excel at U18s, and are just nowhere near big enough to play AFL.

I can only hope the club has researched his family and is confident he'll be a late bloomer, in which case it could be a brilliant move

He's enormous compared to Johnson who weighs in at 65kg.

I can't see either of them being better players than Garcia or Prior but we'll weight and see.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:06 am

End of the day, I'm not happy with what we gave up to get Kelly, but that's done and dusted, it is what it is.
Given that, our draft hand was weak as. So I'm very happy the club still took hard decisions on some players.

As I see it, we've taken four live picks, and will still pick up someone else is the Supplemental period. That's 5 new faces, not a bad haul considering our options.
I accept that in the range we were looking, it was slim pickings, and anyone we take is a punt.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Fat Side on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:16 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:End of the day, I'm not happy with what we gave up to get Kelly, but that's done and dusted, it is what it is.

You're unhappy with the Kelly deal? Wow, first I've heard of it.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Perrythegreat on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Fat Side wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:End of the day, I'm not happy with what we gave up to get Kelly, but that's done and dusted, it is what it is.

You're unhappy with the Kelly deal? Wow, first I've heard of it.

:D :D
2015 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "player sponsor of Scooter every odd year"
2014 Official sponsor of NicNat, "taking the mark of the bicentenary some time soon"
2013 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "welcome back Scooter"
2012 Official sponsor of Josh Hill, "the tall small that kicks goals through all"
2011 Official Sponsor of Scott Selwood, "tagging midfielders in a town near you soon".
Perrythegreat
Veteran

Previous

Return to Drafts and Trading