West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Future Father Son picks

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Future Father Son picks

Postby Streaker on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:38 am

sydney eagle wrote:While Waterman may be available as our first pick would Powell-Pepper be a possibility for us ? (My thought is that it may come down to a choice between the two, unless someone bids a high pick for Waterman).

Waterman should be available at our 3rd round pick because when ir comes to Forwards of his size there isn't much interest. We also get a 20% discount as he's a Father/Son pickup. Powell Pepper is a possibility and hopefully around our 2nd Pick but it will depend on how he tests at the Draft Combine. I'd like to see us get a few more 2nd round picks if we can as there'll be some good players in that area of the draft.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:36 pm

sydney eagle wrote:While Waterman may be available as our first pick would Powell-Pepper be a possibility for us ?

Can't happen.
We need PP to be drafted by another club, then released, then come back to the WAFL and play for Claremont. Only then can we draft him.

Despite the alignment, if the Eagles actually draft a player form East Perth, the universe may collapse in on itself.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Streaker wrote:
sydney eagle wrote:While Waterman may be available as our first pick unless someone bids a high pick for Waterman).

Waterman should be available at our 3rd round pick because when ir comes to Forwards of his size there isn't much interest. We also get a 20% discount as he's a Father/Son pickup. Powell Pepper is a possibility and hopefully around our 2nd Pick but it will depend on how he tests at the Draft Combine. I'd like to see us get a few more 2nd round picks if we can as there'll be some good players in that area of the draft.

Point is, that under the system, you don't use the actual picks required, you use a grab-bag of useless picks to make up the points (less a 20% discount.)
(I'm also not sure, but I think clubs can go into debt if they don't have enough points.)

Furthermore, there is no way Waterman goes anywhere near 1st round. He's not a mid, and he's not (yet) a proven KPF.

I'm also not confident that clubs are prepared to risk bidding on lesser F/S talent. I'd imagine somebody will try to keep us honest, but probably not till the 3rd round, by which point we're probably only looking at 3~400 points (less 20%.)
If we do end up trading for players like E-Mac, Lobb, or Balls, we might try to pick up a couple of late picks for use as points. (Even GWS's 4th round pick is worth 49 points.)
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby DMac on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:35 pm

Chris Judd and his wife have just had twin sons. Along with the older son thats 3 potential FS picks for the future and the midfield sorted for around 2035
DMac
Rookie

Postby Pinion King on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:56 pm

DMac wrote:Chris Judd and his wife have just had twin sons. Along with the older son thats 3 potential FS picks for the future and the midfield sorted for around 2035

What an interesting midfield that would be.

Judd gets it out to Judd who handballs it off to Judd.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Pinion King wrote:
DMac wrote:Chris Judd and his wife have just had twin sons. Along with the older son thats 3 potential FS picks for the future and the midfield sorted for around 2035

chances of us landing any of judds kids is zero to nothing.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Hopefully they will be like Nic & Mark, and one of them will be an absolutely freakish talent.
And NOT like the sooky twins, who seem to have only one testicle between the two of them.

NB: Unless something happens to see Twiggers return to Perth to raise the boys, I don't see them ever choosing the Eagles over Carlton.
They're going to grow up in Melbourne, where Judd is venerated as a Victorian and Carlton legend.
Besides which, they got half their genes from their mum, who is isn't exactly noted for her robust build and musculature.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby DMac on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:41 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Pinion King wrote:

I guess that's that then, why bother even thinking about it.
DMac
Rookie

Postby Total Package on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:53 pm

DMac wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:
Pinion King wrote:What an interesting midfield that would be.

Given Judd's idea's on family bonds and how he never wanted to leave Melbourne... yeah I will stake my house on there being zero chance his kids would ever choose West Coast over Carlton which he also can choose as father/son.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:08 pm

Total Package wrote:
DMac wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:chances of us landing any of judds kids is zero to nothing.

Given Judd's idea's on family bonds and how he never wanted to leave Melbourne... yeah I will stake my house on there being zero chance his kids would ever choose West Coast over Carlton which he also can choose as father/son.

The oldest has already nominated WCE as his choice.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Pinion King wrote:
Total Package wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:chances of us landing any of judds kids is zero to nothing.

The oldest has already nominated WCE as his choice.

The oldest twin? Gees that was quick
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:The oldest twin? Gees that was quick

No the older brother, Oscar?
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Pinion King wrote:No the older brother, Oscar

Yes, clearly the money we're paying NN (Oscar's favourite player) is a big investment in the future.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:

Yes, clearly the money we're paying NN (Oscar's favourite player) is a big investment in the future.

How old is he 5? when he is 18 I doubt OJ would want to move to the other side of the country away from his folks.....Unless Juddy & Co wish to live their latter years in sunny laid back perth?
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:41 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:

How old is he 5? when he is 18 I doubt OJ would want to move to the other side of the country away from his folks.....Unless Juddy & Co wish to live their latter years in sunny laid back perth?

I dunno, he could get sick of living in his dads shadow and want to move away from his parents.

Either way, I think basing whether he will be a father-son prospect for us or carlton on what he says as a kid is a bit silly. Not to mention we have to worry about whether he will be good enough, whether other teams will bid and well in over a decade time, what the father-son rule will actually look like...
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading