Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus



Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm WST

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Hmm, yeah well, that was shit. Not reading too much into one bad game, but I do have a few questions.
Even though this was technically round 2, I've done my usual and not paid much attention to the leadup. BUT I keep hearing/reading that we were at "Full Strength".
So ok, WTF is Ah Chee doing on the paddock? If we hadn't traded away all our picks last year he wouldn't even be in the squad, but (without rehashing that period) I guess was ok to keep for depth.
But if we're at "full strength" and he's best 22, then we have problems.
If its about team balance, then aren't we better off debuting youngsters?
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby Pinion King on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:35 pm

OUCH!

On 7news Simmo said our GPS numbers were better and we ran harder in the intraclub than in the game.

Admitting that in public is quite surprising, part of me thinks it is the kick the players' asses, let everyone know how bad you were.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
User avatar
Pinion King
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby Perrythegreat on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:46 pm

penrith eagle wrote:Do not think he will get off


Have we ever won an appeal?

For me, that deserves a week. He ran up to him and punched him reasonably forcibly in the jaw. If he had the technique of a Gaff, he could be out for a few more.

I also think Sexton should have got a week, that was dangerous.
2015 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "player sponsor of Scooter every odd year"
2014 Official sponsor of NicNat, "taking the mark of the bicentenary some time soon"
2013 Official sponsor of Scott Selwood, "welcome back Scooter"
2012 Official sponsor of Josh Hill, "the tall small that kicks goals through all"
2011 Official Sponsor of Scott Selwood, "tagging midfielders in a town near you soon".
Perrythegreat
Veteran
 
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby Fat Side on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:13 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:Hmm, yeah well, that was shit. Not reading too much into one bad game, but I do have a few questions.
Even though this was technically round 2, I've done my usual and not paid much attention to the leadup. BUT I keep hearing/reading that we were at "Full Strength".
So ok, WTF is Ah Chee doing on the paddock? If we hadn't traded away all our picks last year he wouldn't even be in the squad, but (without rehashing that period) I guess was ok to keep for depth.
But if we're at "full strength" and he's best 22, then we have problems.
If its about team balance, then aren't we better off debuting youngsters?


Ah Chee kicked two goals and had a hand in several others in R1. That's why he was on the paddock. He will struggle to hold his spot this week. Waterman should come in depending on the weather.
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: Enjoying the open space over here

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby Fat Side on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Pinion King wrote:OUCH!

On 7news Simmo said our GPS numbers were better and we ran harder in the intraclub than in the game.

Admitting that in public is quite surprising, part of me thinks it is the kick the players' asses, let everyone know how bad you were.


Interesting. Robbo on AFL360 last night questioned whether our players were tough enough and prepared to put their heads over the ball. That should be used to kick the team into gear.
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: Enjoying the open space over here

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby WCE06 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Fat Side wrote:
Pinion King wrote:OUCH!

On 7news Simmo said our GPS numbers were better and we ran harder in the intraclub than in the game.

Admitting that in public is quite surprising, part of me thinks it is the kick the players' asses, let everyone know how bad you were.


Interesting. Robbo on AFL360 last night questioned whether our players were tough enough and prepared to put their heads over the ball. That should be used to kick the team into gear.

Fair question
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
User avatar
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:11 pm

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby DALBY on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:56 am

We need to fire our QC David Grace. Has he ever won?
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby Pinion King on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:02 am

DALBY wrote:We need to fire our QC David Grace. Has he ever won?

Not for a while.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
User avatar
Pinion King
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Round 2: Gold Coast v West Coast - Sat 13 June @ 5.40pm

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:01 pm

This is the game that has come back to haunt us
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests