Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus



WCE vs Pies

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby HH on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Definitely enjoying the win but I think it is important to bear in mind the big picture.

The Pies lost two key players which really affected their structure in De Goey and Howe.

Until such time as we can win away from home, I wouldn’t get too carried away.

Having said that, there were positives to take from the game.

Witherden had a great club debut. Brander continues on his journey following his break out game. Darls was fantastic. And Keifer is the man.
User avatar
HH
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 pm
Location: Captain’s Club

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby Favonius Aquila on Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:09 pm

Waterman looks much better as a half forward - let's hope Simmo stops putting him in the backline.
Witherdon had a great game, as did Rotham & Duggan.
Kennedy, Darling, Allen - what a great trio up forward!

It's concerning that teams seem able to get a run of goals against us - 8 from the Saints & 4 from the Pies.

How the f*#% does Ray Chamberlain keep getting a gig?! He can't bounce the ball and makes incorrect calls when situated 100m from the contest. The deliberate out of bounds was a shocker.
Favonius Aquila
Rookie
 
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:04 pm

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby DALBY on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:27 am

Duggan and Witherden were great, loved Oscars game too. Hope we keep him for the next 10 years.

Vardy and JK were not in the game. Good to see Redden try hard too. Good win, I agree though, Pies lost two stars, helped us heaps.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby Mykidsdad on Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:37 pm

How has Witherden not got a game before now. Clearly better than Cole and Nelson.
User avatar
Mykidsdad
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 am
Location: The nose bleed section (522)

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby penrith eagle on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:24 pm

HH wrote:Definitely enjoying the win but I think it is important to bear in mind the big picture.

The Pies lost two key players which really affected their structure in De Goey and Howe.

Until such time as we can win away from home, I wouldn’t get too carried away.

Having said that, there were positives to take from the game.

Witherden had a great club debut. Brander continues on his journey following his break out game. Darls was fantastic. And Keifer is the man.


Spot on good post

I'am not confident against the cats

If we can supply the forwards we can win......its the mids which is still the issue
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Back in the City of PERTH :)

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby Hamburger on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:22 pm

penrith eagle wrote:
HH wrote:Definitely enjoying the win but I think it is important to bear in mind the big picture.

The Pies lost two key players which really affected their structure in De Goey and Howe.

Until such time as we can win away from home, I wouldn’t get too carried away.

Having said that, there were positives to take from the game.

Witherden had a great club debut. Brander continues on his journey following his break out game. Darls was fantastic. And Keifer is the man.


Spot on good post

I'am not confident against the cats

If we can supply the forwards we can win......its the mids which is still the issue


We have not won at Kardinia Park/or whatever they call it now since 2006....and that was the classic comeback from 36 points down to win by 3 points. That is a 15 year span. That's why we generally get scheduled to play them there most years..... Am I confident? No, but that said the Cats have looked pretty scratchy so far and could easily be 2 and 3. Our midfield will again need to stand up if we are to have a chance here and the Cats look like being at full strength.
Hamburger
Veteran
 
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:17 pm
Location: Bassendean sur le Mer

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby jourgo on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:45 am

Hamburger wrote:We have not won at Kardinia Park/or whatever they call it now since 2006....and that was the classic comeback from 36 points down to win by 3 points. That is a 15 year span. That's why we generally get scheduled to play them there most years..... Am I confident? No, but that said the Cats have looked pretty scratchy so far and could easily be 2 and 3. Our midfield will again need to stand up if we are to have a chance here and the Cats look like being at full strength.


Add to that, that postage stamp they call a football ground does not suit our game style at all. They'll need to be prepared to play a Richmond style game to have any shot all - and given how adverse some of our guys are to laying - and more importantly sticking - tackles, that doesn't seem likely.
jourgo
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: Right Here

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:56 am

HH wrote:Witherden had a great club debut. Brander continues on his journey following his break out game. Darls was fantastic. And Keifer is the man.


I can't see Witherden ever playing WAFL again, that was the best debut for the team that I can recall since maybe NN or Cousins. His kicking and vision was of the Dean Kemp standard and I think had a major influence on our team game. Look this way, kick that way, hit the target; wonderful:)

Brander also looks like he is growing in confidence every week and his kicking skills were also a delight.

We really needed Redden and Duggan to step up with the outs we have and it was great to see they did. If they can keep it up... then we'll keep winning.

So much to like about so many players in this game and plenty said about JD and Oscar. It's still early in the season but this team looks like they have what it takes to build something very special by year end, especially with star players to come back. If they don't it'll be a missed opportunity.

We need to win at the cattery.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
User avatar
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm
Location: Getting hot on this globe.

Re: WCE vs Pies

Postby Jack Sidious on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:16 am

Hamburger wrote:
penrith eagle wrote:
HH wrote:Definitely enjoying the win but I think it is important to bear in mind the big picture.

The Pies lost two key players which really affected their structure in De Goey and Howe.

Until such time as we can win away from home, I wouldn’t get too carried away.

Having said that, there were positives to take from the game.

Witherden had a great club debut. Brander continues on his journey following his break out game. Darls was fantastic. And Keifer is the man.


Spot on good post

I'am not confident against the cats

If we can supply the forwards we can win......its the mids which is still the issue


We have not won at Kardinia Park/or whatever they call it now since 2006....and that was the classic comeback from 36 points down to win by 3 points. That is a 15 year span. That's why we generally get scheduled to play them there most years..... Am I confident? No, but that said the Cats have looked pretty scratchy so far and could easily be 2 and 3. Our midfield will again need to stand up if we are to have a chance here and the Cats look like being at full strength.


We were 54 points down with 9 minutes left in the third quarter
2013 Sponsor of Jack Darling - look out
Jack Sidious
Veteran
 
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: P-Town

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests