11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Blues vs WCE : SCG

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Blues vs WCE : SCG

Postby DALBY on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:05 am

I was in Busselton playing footy, but so glad we won. Liam Ryan I heard was good. Langdon and Edwards are getting better too. Great win by the kids. :D
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jourgo on Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 am

Yep - I don't think Ryan has played a better game than he did on the weekend.

Sheed was top shelf too.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:26 pm

Good win and great to see a young team run out a game so well. Lots of good solid games by young players who do not deserve to be dropped when senior players return but at least the future looks bright. The senior players not to be forgotten as mostly playing good games.

I really hope to see Jones in the starting 22 as often as possible, I think the pay-off of getting games into him will be rewarded quickly. Be great to see some of the others can get some consecutive games.

Sheppard must have had a lot of stitches in his head. As many as Beau Waters yet?
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Vic Media is giving all the credit for the win to Teague and Carlton have launched a review. Saad, Williams and Doherty all half back flankers who won't pick up a man and let Ryan run loose. Ryan himself said he was playing Kennedy's role, coming out of the square. I suspect he'll go back up the ground with Kennedy back and Langdon will go out.
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran

Postby DALBY on Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:Good win and great to see a young team run out a game so well. Lots of good solid games by young players who do not deserve to be dropped when senior players return but at least the future looks bright. The senior players not to be forgotten as mostly playing good games.

I really hope to see Jones in the starting 22 as often as possible, I think the pay-off of getting games into him will be rewarded quickly. Be great to see some of the others can get some consecutive games.

Sheppard must have had a lot of stitches in his head. As many as Beau Waters yet?

Shep is hard but not Beau Waters hard, Like Shep, plays good strong footy. Beau was just incredible.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:01 pm

DALBY wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:Good win and great to see a young team run out a game so well. Lots of good solid games by young players who do not deserve to be dropped when senior players return but at least the future looks bright. The senior players not to be forgotten as mostly playing good games.

Shep is hard but not Beau Waters hard, Like Shep, plays good strong footy. Beau was just incredible.

True that. Probably was the last of his kind; the hard as nails way he played was on the edge then, now it'd be too hard, maybe deemed reckless. I still think its a really physically hard battering game today - I'm not saying the game is soft - I just feel the rules better suit snipers who drag players to the ground holding someone's arm or pile in on top of a pack. There was honesty to the way Beau played.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
DALBY wrote:

True that. Probably was the last of his kind; the hard as nails way he played was on the edge then, now it'd be too hard, maybe deemed reckless. I still think its a really physically hard battering game today - I'm not saying the game is soft - I just feel the rules better suit snipers who drag players to the ground holding someone's arm or pile in on top of a pack. There was honesty to the way Beau played.
Beau Waters was a great of the club. When we were going through the dark year 2010, he was a shining light that kept you coming to the football. great in 11' and 12'
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles