11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Mandatory AFL Vaccinations

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Mandatory AFL Vaccinations

Postby Fat Side on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:03 pm

Following from the Liam Jones retirement at the weekend, all clubs are updating on their player vaccination status.

A couple of clubs are a tad obtuse in their responses and others have players on leave.

The local daily rag has reported that Tim Kelly and Jack Darling are yet to be vaccinated. I'm not sure why they have reported this (other than to sell more of their toilet paper rag) given that they are not required to be fully vaccinated until mid Feb.

Are they hesitant or just haven't got around to it? Both are important players.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Re: Mandatory AFL Vaccinations

Postby jourgo on Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:38 am

The question I keep asking myself is - if they're not hesitant, what's the hold-up? Its not like its difficult to get an appointment for the shot, and these guys are professional athletes who have to be highly disciplined in their daily lives or they simply would not have risen to the level they're at. So the "just haven't get around to it" argument seems a bit spurious.

All signs point to hesitancy of some level - at least from where I'm sitting.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Re: Mandatory AFL Vaccinations

Postby Fat Side on Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:23 pm

jourgo wrote:The question I keep asking myself is - if they're not hesitant, what's the hold-up? Its not like its difficult to get an appointment for the shot, and these guys are professional athletes who have to be highly disciplined in their daily lives or they simply would not have risen to the level they're at. So the "just haven't get around to it" argument seems a bit spurious.

All signs point to hesitancy of some level - at least from where I'm sitting.

There is hesitancy in the community so it stands to reason that there is an element of hesitancy among player lists.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Return to West Coast Eagles