Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus



Eagles v Bummers

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Eagles v Bummers

Postby Mykidsdad on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:16 pm

6.40 feels like a late start. hope it works in our favour.

IN
Josh Rotham,
Liam Ryan,
Tim Kelly

OUT
Dom Sheed (Injured),
Greg Clark (Medi-Sub),
Jackson Nelson (Omitted),
Jeremy McGovern (Injured)

Am hoping we are getting the next few years of injuries bad luck out now.

Crowd of 45k+, eagles to give a shout.

i would have played Nic Nat.
User avatar
Mykidsdad
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 am
Location: The nose bleed section (522)

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby jourgo on Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:48 am

If we can get the same effort level as last week, that will be a ... I hate myself for saying this ... win.
jourgo
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: Right Here

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:01 pm

As any true supporter should I hate the Scum. Hope we can muster a win, maybe avoid the spoon plus they're a few wins ahead of us so we can afford to win, no need to do a carltank. But can we win?

The start time is pretty reasonable for a Friday night game. I have a sore throat so can't go unfortunately. Will try not to yell at the TV.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
User avatar
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm
Location: Getting hot on this globe.

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby MelbourneBased on Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:15 pm

The life of a footy fan.... I am excited that I will be watching a game where we have a good chance to win. Plus a potential win over an old time rival. even though this rivalry is so old and irrelevant that it is become more like watching two grumpy old men.

Tonight I am like goldilocks.... considering the draft order....... I want to win enough games for the rest of the season to have hope and avoid the wooden spoon but not too many that we end up finish 5 or 6 last. But surely this win will be just right :D
MelbourneBased
Regular
 
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby MelbourneBased on Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:02 pm

Spoke to soon
MelbourneBased
Regular
 
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby MelbourneBased on Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:52 pm

Spoke to soon :lol:
MelbourneBased
Regular
 
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby Peter_Melesso_Fanclub on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:43 pm

Man ... how shit is Essendon. Like who loses to the Eagles???? :oops:

That was kind of a fun evening. Good to be reminded what winning feels like. Will try not to get too used to it just yet.
Peter_Melesso_Fanclub
Veteran
 
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:05 pm

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby HH on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:24 pm

Two below average teams actually produced a surprisingly enjoyable game of footy.

Kudos to Simmo for putting Yeoy into the backline. He was BOG. His run and carry and pace forced the others to run ahead and create space. This resulted in faster ball movement. We went straight through the guts and this showed with our F50 scoring. We took marks right in front of the goals and were really efficient.

I am enjoying the win for sure and the effort over the last two games is to be commended.

However, we still need to win two more games to equal our four game win record in our wooden spoon year of 2010.
User avatar
HH
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 pm
Location: Captain’s Club

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby HH on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:26 pm

Tommy was also huge in defence in Gov’s absence.

JK still got it.
User avatar
HH
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 pm
Location: Captain’s Club

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby Peter_Melesso_Fanclub on Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:46 am

HH wrote:Two below average teams actually produced a surprisingly enjoyable game of footy.

Kudos to Simmo for putting Yeoy into the backline. He was BOG. His run and carry and pace forced the others to run ahead and create space. This resulted in faster ball movement. We went straight through the guts and this showed with our F50 scoring. We took marks right in front of the goals and were really efficient.

I am enjoying the win for sure and the effort over the last two games is to be commended.

However, we still need to win two more games to equal our four game win record in our wooden spoon year of 2010.


Backline looking so much better with Yeo & Jones in it. I was just about ready to give up on Jones but maybe there is hope for him yet.
Peter_Melesso_Fanclub
Veteran
 
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:05 pm

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby Pinion King on Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:21 am

Peter_Melesso_Fanclub wrote:
HH wrote:Two below average teams actually produced a surprisingly enjoyable game of footy.

Kudos to Simmo for putting Yeoy into the backline. He was BOG. His run and carry and pace forced the others to run ahead and create space. This resulted in faster ball movement. We went straight through the guts and this showed with our F50 scoring. We took marks right in front of the goals and were really efficient.

I am enjoying the win for sure and the effort over the last two games is to be commended.

However, we still need to win two more games to equal our four game win record in our wooden spoon year of 2010.


Backline looking so much better with Yeo & Jones in it. I was just about ready to give up on Jones but maybe there is hope for him yet.

The Jones move is a bit like the Jetta move. Wasn't working up the ground, throw him behind the ball.

I enjoyed that. Wins will still be few and far between but it was good to watch a good game and come out on top.

I like the 6.40pm start as well. I didn't have to rush from work to the ground. I could go home first.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
User avatar
Pinion King
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby Mykidsdad on Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:08 am

Great to get a win and see them take the game on. Midfield still looks lost, but the defenders were mostly fantastic and the forwards highly efficient
User avatar
Mykidsdad
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 am
Location: The nose bleed section (522)

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby DALBY on Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:20 am

jourgo wrote:If we can get the same effort level as last week, that will be a ... I hate myself for saying this ... win.


You know your team mate
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby DALBY on Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:21 am

Thought Rioli was huge and I liked Yeo down back, keep him there.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: Eagles v Bummers

Postby CouchPotato on Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:32 am

DALBY wrote:Thought Rioli was huge and I liked Yeo down back, keep him there.


Rioli was great (though missed a couple of fairly important tackles) - but good to seem him back in the middle and hitting targets no one else can see.

Yeo looks good as a backman (who would have thought) - but hopefully gets back to his midfield best at some point.

Really liked Hoff's game - showed a lot of promise and poise. Keep getting games into him

Bhazzo looks like a great Mcgovern replacement in a few years. Clearly needs some time in the gym but good to see signs.

I admire the hell out of West - works so hard and fights for every scrap - but when he is regularly getting in our midfield it shows how little depth we have.
CouchPotato
Veteran
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:40 pm


Return to West Coast Eagles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests