11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Training session 8th Dec

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Training session 8th Dec

Postby pilot89 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:48 am

I decided to go to the skills training session this morning at the crack of dawn { for me at least} at 9am.

It was very good to see the new recruits there...and seeing Natanui or 'side show bob" as they call him, was very exiting.
The new recruits were training today with Masten and Scooter. Most of the morning they watched the other players do thier stuff, and didnt partake in alot of the activites. Though , Masten and scooter taught them how to do a handball drill which was quite funny to see, as scooter being one of the more 'experienced' players showing them how its done, kept stuffing up, and scooter didnt hear the end of it from masto :)
Natanui seemed very relaxed and comfortable...and seemed to have fitted in very nicely. Him and Masten kept mucking around and the fitness staff didnt take a bar of it.
Swift seemed very eager to go out with the main group and do some drills , but like I said all the new recruits were sidelined most of the morning.

A couple of players really stood out today, Lewis Stevenson, Chad Flecther, coxy, Brown, and the work horse himself priddis.

In some of the drills, Stevenson done some pretty amazing stuff.. even Coxy was amazed becuase he shouted 'well done lewis' like 30 times.
Chad flecther, seemed very fit, and his kicking and handballs were spot on.
Brown's accuracy in front of the goals was excellent..and as a matter of fact, i could easily say all the forwards done very nicely in front of goals today. With the expection of Notte, who missed a load, and dropped a few easy marks. Also Hansen seemed sore.
Priddis as usual at training was dominating all the drills, and especially in the area of tackling. He took down coxy and hurn a few times as well.

Kerr only participated in some kicking and handballing for around 15 min at the beggining and then just sat down with Staker for the rest of the morning , before they both took of.
I was actually sitting right next to Adrian Barich at the fence, and when Kerr was leaving , he came by and had a small conversation with Barra...i was fortunate enough to hear alot of it, as I was sitting 2 metres away... ;)

Barich looks at Kerry and says " taking it easy are u Kerry? "
Kerr " Just taking baby steps this year mate"
They talked a little about the previous season, and in reference to Kerr taking it easy at training, Kerr made a joke about his contract...
Also I heard Kerr saying great stuff about the new fitness coach.. saying that his more open to ideas from the players etc... Kerry seemd very pleased with this new guy.

Right before the players went in , it was also good to see Stinga, Glassy , Cox and Stevenson together sharing a few Jokes. Glassy was making fun of troy Buswell :lol:

Thats all for now.
pilot89
Delisted

Re: Training session 8th Dec

Postby DALBY on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:03 am

Good work Pilot, cheers, good to hear Coxy encouraging the new guys and that Nic has made mates and fitting in Nicely.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby RCRM on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Cheers pilot87. Good to hear about Stevo, he has plenty of quality about him - expecting him to blossom next year with greater opportunities at Claremont.
RCRM
Regular

Postby Hawkeye on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:10 pm

good work pilot
moderation in everything.....except for the Blue and Gold

"I don't think it's necessarily a big part of football. I think that's a big part of life and a big part of team and a big part of family. When you need to step up to a challenge, you rise to that challenge."
- Beau Waters
Hawkeye
Veteran

Postby TOA on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks for the update, Pilot.

Got a feeling about Stevenson. Just moves like an AFL player, smooth and silky.
Shannon Hurn player president
TOA
EFH Legend

Postby ArdentEagle on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:23 pm

Cheers Pilot :D
Forever to bleed Blue and Gold

The show must go on
ArdentEagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby cheese on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Love to hear Stevenson has seen the threat of new recruits and shown he is worth watching .
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
cheese
EFH Legend

Postby ArdentEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:07 am

cheese wrote:Love to hear Stevenson has seen the threat of new recruits and shown he is worth watching .

I haven't seen a lot of Lewis Stevenson. What does he bring to the table???

The show must go on
ArdentEagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jase87 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Good looking mover, Great skills, plays outside. Hasn't shown the ability to gather huge amounts of the pill yet but I think this will be his breakout year for Claremont. Might play one or two matches for the eagles if there's a couple of injuries or he becomes the nominated rookie. Really liked the look of him towards the end of last year.
Go the Butler, serving it up in 2013.
jase87
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby cheese on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:20 pm

ArdentEagle wrote:
cheese wrote:Love to hear Stevenson has seen the threat of new recruits and shown he is worth watching .

Enthusiasm by the sounds of it . :lol:
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
cheese
EFH Legend

Postby pilot89 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:07 am

ArdentEagle wrote:

Some sweet tackling skills, and quite quick.

Cant wait to see him in proper action.
pilot89
Delisted

Postby ArdentEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:17 am

Thanks guys.... Sounds a likely type - perhaps in the mould of a young Embley??? I'm looking forward to seeing him in action in the Pre-season games

The show must go on
ArdentEagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby RCRM on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 am

His style is similar to a 185cm Grant Birchall IMO and I'd imagine his role would be too if he ever plays for us - rebounding HBF that can push up onto the wing.

Nice, quietly spoken bloke too and comes from good footballing pedigree - Dad (Bruce) was apparently a good WAFL player in the past (for Perth or Claremont...can't remember - mentioned on one of the ABC telecasts).

EDIT:

Some brief footage of him (only 3 clips) from this year (3.30-4.10):

RCRM
Regular

Return to West Coast Eagles