11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2021 Finals,

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

2021 Finals,

Postby DALBY on Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:08 pm

Who do we like?

I still like Geelong to win. I hope Demons, Port or Lions go well, I really hope Bombers, GWS & Swans fall out first & second weeks. Everything is crossed.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Re: 2021 Finals,

Postby jourgo on Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:20 pm

Anybody but fucking Geelong. Can't stand them. Especially can't stand the fawning fucking commentary - Danger this, Danger that. Fucking nauseating.

For everyone else, in order of preference:
Brisbane
Port
GWS
Sydney
Dogs
Melbourne
Scum (I would have them up with Geelong but they're not a realistic chance).

As for who I think will win, either Melbourne or fucking Geelong.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby HH on Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:29 pm

Melbourne for me. Can’t begrudge a perennial loser team whose last flag was in 1964.

Don’t want any of the pet NSW clubs to win either.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:25 am

yeah, I can't get much enthusiasm for any of them except, maybe the dogs and maybe Port. It's always good when a non -VFl side can win the league, so I'm happy with Port to win. If the scum go anywhere near it they should launch another investigation. Geelong deserve to go out in straight sets, as the club have behaved like jerks off-field. The covid testing of our players where they got blood noses and the way they are such hypocritical flogs when it comes to trading.

In other news, the AFL will be wishing that the scum win given they are one of the big money clubs. They will make more off licensed merchandise if they win than any other club. They'll get better rating if Sydney go deep.
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran

Postby Mykidsdad on Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Brissie for me. Geelong to lose another GF
Mykidsdad
Veteran

Postby Jack Sidious on Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:13 am

I expect cats to win but would prefer to see Port win
2013 Sponsor of Jack Darling - look out
Jack Sidious
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:55 pm

jourgo wrote:Anybody but fucking Geelong. Can't stand them. Especially can't stand the fawning fucking commentary - Danger this, Danger that. Fucking nauseating.

For everyone else, in order of preference:
Brisbane
Port
GWS
Sydney
Dogs
Melbourne
Scum (I would have them up with Geelong but they're not a realistic chance).

This part is the perfect post. I'll be going for the Lions mostly and then GWS, Sydney, Port.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Roadkill on Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:41 pm

Good game between Demons and Lions, but got to say the demons have the favour of the muppets, they can do what they like especially love the old flck pass, sorry hand ball.
Roadkill
Regular

Postby wce1293 on Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:24 pm

GWS, Port or Brisbane.
Do NOT want Melbourne or Geelong to win.
GWS - I just think it would be funny if GWS win a flag before cockburn. Will go to the game at Optus if Toby Green is playing. Otherwise won’t waste my money.
Port - why not - they’re not Victorian.
Brisbane - same why not, but I don’t think they’re up to it.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:40 am

wce1293 wrote:GWS, Port or Brisbane.
Do NOT want Melbourne or Geelong to win.
GWS - I just think it would be funny if GWS win a flag before cockburn. Will go to the game at Optus if Toby Green is playing. Otherwise won’t waste my money.
Port - why not - they’re not Victorian.
Brisbane - same why not, but I don’t think they’re up to it.

I've some tickets and some orange. Mostly want to support Finals in Perth. Toby now has three weeks which seems fair to me; fool, he has really let the game, his team and himself down. Would have loved to have watched him, but not at any price and the price to the game would have been far too high.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:30 pm

If anyone has spare GF tickets or even just one, please PM me as I will take it off your hands for sure.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:34 am

Off to the GF today. Should be a banging game, certainly in the best stadium its ever been in. I'll be supporting Melbourne for the day but I kind of like the Dogs chances and good for them. Even though Melbourne have never won a AFL premiership they have won a bucket load of VFL ones in the past so I reckon the Dogs are more deserving. So excited for a great game:)

I think it'll be close, maybe the Dogs to win in extra time? Extra time would be great!
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mykidsdad on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:09 pm

I'm off to the GF too. Cannot wait!! I am just hoping for a cracking game and an appearance from Sacha Baron Cohen as either Borat or Freddy Mercury.
Mykidsdad
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:29 pm

Cracking game for two and a half quarters. Then Petracca stepped up. What a player.

Venue was far better than the MCG in every respect, lighting super, entertainment was spectacular (apart from one synchronised dance act with LED light tube issues). Set changes so much smoother than the MCG; the bar has really been lifted. And the crowd was really, really loud, they had the crowd noise turned down heaps on the TV. Probably a good thing this game was between two Melbourne clubs in the long run, hopefully it will send a loud message to the AFL that they should rip up the MCG contract once and for all and start again; make it a truly national game.

One thing that was really obvious from the game play is there was almost zero kicking it backwards. It was fast forward footy by both teams with some quick kicking across the ground to switch play about the extent of it and once it got to the other side it was moved forward quickly, not held while the other team set up. We're a very long way off the pace, hopefully Simpson - who was at the game - took note.

So happy to have made the game; it was a brilliant occasion.
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Favonius Aquila on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:46 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:One thing that was really obvious from the game play is there was almost zero kicking it backwards.

Let's hope the Eagles coaching staff (and Board) took note. On the rare occasions that we threw caution to the wind and played in this manner, we looked great. Just need to drill this way, so that we're better skilled and less prone to errors when we do it.
Favonius Aquila
Regular

Next

Return to AFL Board