Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus



The Cricket Thread

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby Eliot Mess on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:59 am

Fat Side wrote:Is the Australian cricket team a bunch of flat track bullies?

We seem to beat up anyone that comes here, but get flogged when we travel (unless we're playing minnows).

How is it that we still can't play spin? Our efforts in Sri Lanka have been deplorable. Are our batsmen over-rated?


Just turn the page over(or click past it) and wait it out. That's all you can do.
User avatar
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:22 am

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby penrith eagle on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Fat Side wrote:How is it that we still can't play spin? Our efforts in Sri Lanka have been deplorable. Are our batsmen over-rated?


Its the lack of spin that is confusing amazing the amount of straight bowls getting lbw and bowled....with our batsmen playing for the turn :roll:

Also with DRS its helping the tweakers get the lbws that where not there before...

We need to use the bat and show intent have a plan...atm we are all at sea... Look at the past aussie players that where good at spin..they had a plan...Martyn a fantastic bat on the sub continent would play off the back foot.....hayden would sweep....clarke use his feet...Our players atm have no plan

Great bowling by Starc 11 wickets on Bunsen Burners fantastic effort

Would be nice to see S marsh next test and to take his opportunity
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Back in the City of PERTH :)

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby penrith eagle on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Wow talk about an average side atm....

we are crap...really hope we are foxing come the aussie summer

very very poor
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Back in the City of PERTH :)

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby penrith eagle on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:53 am

penrith eagle wrote:Wow talk about an average side atm....

we are crap...really hope we are foxing come the aussie summer

very very poor



Well not much has changed

We are the Richmond of the cricket world f**king terrible
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Back in the City of PERTH :)

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:31 pm

My interest in cricket has certainly died in the last few years. i wouldnt even know half the team atm.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:13 pm

How on earth do we go from bowling South Africa out for 240 and being none for 100 at the conclusion of day one, to chasing 540...Oh and the south africans are down a bowler too. How on earth do we manage to screw that up?
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby Fat Side on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:39 pm

WCE Booka 89 wrote:How on earth do we go from bowling South Africa out for 240 and being none for 100 at the conclusion of day one, to chasing 540...Oh and the south africans are down a bowler too. How on earth do we manage to screw that up?


We were never good enough to compete. The only reason we got off to a start of 1/100 odd was because of the poor SA bowling on day one. They bowled too short and got caned by Warner. One day two they decided to bowl a better line and length and got rewarded. Had they bowled properly at the start of the Australian innings we would have been dismissed for about 150.
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: Enjoying the open space over here

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby farmer joe on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:47 am

So has anyone else come to the conclusion that cricket must be the most corrupt sport in the world and has been totally taken over by the bookies?
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby Fat Side on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:02 am

farmer joe wrote:So has anyone else come to the conclusion that cricket must be the most corrupt sport in the world and has been totally taken over by the bookies?


Yep. You can't believe come from behind wins in one-day games anymore
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: Enjoying the open space over here

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby DALBY on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:11 am

How good are the Scorchers? Seriously, not enough credit goes to Justin Langer.

Perth are missing Bancroft, the Marshes, Agar, Coulter Nile, Behrendorff, to name a few. Klingers wife has cancer, but mentally still is a match winner. They are undefeated so far.

Can they repeat another BBL win? It seems like they will. Tye is bowling superbly. David looks the goods too, from what I saw last night. Thoughts?
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:12 am

First game of the season I've watched on TV was last night. Great game to watch and no doubt about Justin Langer's coaching ability. Klinger; very impressive - for everything. Enjoyed watching debutant Tim David weathering the storm; what pressure!

BBL has really enlivened summer sport.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
User avatar
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm
Location: Getting hot on this globe.

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby penrith eagle on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm

DALBY wrote:How good are the Scorchers? Seriously, not enough credit goes to Justin Langer.

Perth are missing Bancroft, the Marshes, Agar, Coulter Nile, Behrendorff, to name a few. Klingers wife has cancer, but mentally still is a match winner. They are undefeated so far.

Can they repeat another BBL win? It seems like they will. Tye is bowling superbly. David looks the goods too, from what I saw last night. Thoughts?



Yeah they have been fantastic Dalbs :D

As you say credit has to go to Langer he has done a fantastic job

With the amount of injuries I believe that everyone has written them off...but they have that strong team ethic and will to play for each other that other teams don't....Saying that I do not think they will take it out this year due to the injuries

But they are be getting back S Marsh and Bancroft once the ODI starts ...so who knows

What really impresses me about them and Langer ....is the fielding...the scorchers are the best fielding unit in Australia....I just wish this could transfer over to the test team because the fielding standards under Lehmann Australia his slipped
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Back in the City of PERTH :)

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby DALBY on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:00 am

penrith eagle wrote:
DALBY wrote:How good are the Scorchers? Seriously, not enough credit goes to Justin Langer.

Perth are missing Bancroft, the Marshes, Agar, Coulter Nile, Behrendorff, to name a few. Klingers wife has cancer, but mentally still is a match winner. They are undefeated so far.

Can they repeat another BBL win? It seems like they will. Tye is bowling superbly. David looks the goods too, from what I saw last night. Thoughts?



Yeah they have been fantastic Dalbs :D

As you say credit has to go to Langer he has done a fantastic job

With the amount of injuries I believe that everyone has written them off...but they have that strong team ethic and will to play for each other that other teams don't....Saying that I do not think they will take it out this year due to the injuries

But they are be getting back S Marsh and Bancroft once the ODI starts ...so who knows

What really impresses me about them and Langer ....is the fielding...the scorchers are the best fielding unit in Australia....I just wish this could transfer over to the test team because the fielding standards under Lehmann Australia his slipped


Yeah mate, Scorchers lost the other night by not having their best 9-11 players. They also dropped a couple, which cost them dearly.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby penrith eagle on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 am

S Marsh injured again this time a shoulder :(

Flying back to Oz hopefully recover and ready for the Pakistan tour in the UAE in Oct
Time to repay the faith Tim Kelly 2021 is it his year ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Back in the City of PERTH :)

Re: The Cricket Thread

Postby jourgo on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Meanwhile - because we're headed into that time of the year and you start taking notice of these things - Darcy Short has smacked 257 off 148 balls in a domestic one-day game:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/darcy-short-jlt-cup-record-score-western-australia-vs-queensland-257-video-highlights/18ea5ac0-028d-471e-9009-be1df9a6a5e3

Holy snappin' duckshit Batman!

Remarkable feat aside, it's another illustration of just how slanted in favour of batting cricket has become. It wasn't that long ago when 257 was a damn good score for the TEAM to get in 50 overs. Seriously, the bowlers need to be given a chance here. Extend the boundaries, restrict the materials bats can be made from, start using uncovered pitches - anything really. Its become farcical.
jourgo
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: Right Here

PreviousNext

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests