Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus



RANT: one thing i hate.................

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby DALBY on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:53 am

People who waste food. We are are all so spoilt in this day and age. :(
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:02 pm

DALBY wrote:People who waste food. We are are all so spoilt in this day and age. :(


I'm a bit guilty of this - always throwing out veg or meat that goes stale because we were too buggered to cook dinner after coming home late so we just have toast or get take away.

I basically only plan for 2 meals during the week, then 2 nights where we just eat toasties, the other times we either have a late lunch or get take away or are out.

Its a by product of being middle income poor i reckon, where your so time poor as mon-fri your out of the house for min 11hrs working.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Mr Q on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Fucking ANTI-VAX arseholes, you are a bunch of fucking c*nts.

Someone who's not been out of the country brought measles to the zoo on New Year's Day. The only way they could have caught it is off someone else.

If we didn't have active anti-vax arseholes in this country, measles would be extinct.

Oh, where was I on NYD? At the zoo with my eight month old who is too young to have been vaccinated.

You anti-vax arseholes risk the lives of people around you.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:06 pm

They do. They are arseholes.

The 'evidence' they continually cite is a study done by Dr Andrew Wakefield who got his study published in The Lancet back in 1998. He was subsequently struck off for fraud (he basically made up his evidence) and The Lancet have said that the study should never have been published (the editors of The Lancet announced on 2 February 2010 that they "fully retract this paper from the published record"). But the anti-vax lobbyists still wheel him out at rallies (as a doctor) and he gets on his high horse and preaches to the converted.

Wakefield now lives in Texas and for ten years has lobbied and rallied against vaccines there. The group is a now a major influencer in polls.

The medical evidence says that the vaccinations are safe and that the 'my child had a vaccination and 2 weeks later showed signs of autism' mob are misinformed and basically looking for someone or something to blame. The kid was autistic at birth but the identification of this happens to occur at about the vaccination plus two weeks stage. Pure timing anomaly.

At the moment the dangers are small but real. As per the Q situation. At the moment a single unvax kid is pretty safe statistically because they are surrounded by vax kids.
What we can see is a point where enough children are not vaccinated and we get frequent contact. If the virus gets in then we have an epidemic situation where those too young are at risk.

I personally would legislate that unvax kids are either excluded from schools, clubs and other things, or they are put into special unvax schools where they don't interact with the greater population. Yes I know it is the dickhead parents and not the kids, but the greater good and public safety and all that.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
User avatar
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 am
Location: Peak District National Park

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:45 am

MrWoollie wrote:They do. They are arseholes.

The 'evidence' they continually cite is a study done by Dr Andrew Wakefield who got his study published in The Lancet back in 1998. He was subsequently struck off for fraud (he basically made up his evidence) and The Lancet have said that the study should never have been published (the editors of The Lancet announced on 2 February 2010 that they "fully retract this paper from the published record"). But the anti-vax lobbyists still wheel him out at rallies (as a doctor) and he gets on his high horse and preaches to the converted.

Wakefield now lives in Texas and for ten years has lobbied and rallied against vaccines there. The group is a now a major influencer in polls.

The medical evidence says that the vaccinations are safe and that the 'my child had a vaccination and 2 weeks later showed signs of autism' mob are misinformed and basically looking for someone or something to blame. The kid was autistic at birth but the identification of this happens to occur at about the vaccination plus two weeks stage. Pure timing anomaly.

At the moment the dangers are small but real. As per the Q situation. At the moment a single unvax kid is pretty safe statistically because they are surrounded by vax kids.
What we can see is a point where enough children are not vaccinated and we get frequent contact. If the virus gets in then we have an epidemic situation where those too young are at risk.

I personally would legislate that unvax kids are either excluded from schools, clubs and other things, or they are put into special unvax schools where they don't interact with the greater population. Yes I know it is the dickhead parents and not the kids, but the greater good and public safety and all that.


I havent delved too deeply into the whole anti-vax stuff, but is he the same guy who was also developing his own vaccine and it was proven he was doing the studies so that his vaccine could get green lit instead?

I just find it funny there are these dedicated scientists who pretty much do these things for the love of the work and not one has spoken up (or at least not one that hasn't had their own agenda to push) End of the day who would you rather believe? Someone who has spent years in Uni with absolute no guarantee of a job afterwards but they do it anyways and dedicate their career to this stuff, or a mum who has read some articles here and there and heard some celebrities say it?
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby farmer joe on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Mr Q wrote:Fucking ANTI-VAX arseholes, you are a bunch of fucking c*nts.

Couldn't agree more. The anti-vax crowd should be banned from child care, schools, sporting clubs plus lose access to family tax, medicare and every other government benefit. Bunch of hypocritical parasites. Fuck em, I say.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby The Boat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 am

Yep, the anti-vax crowd are nut-jobs.

However, I would never take my "too young to be vaccinated" son to the zoo. Surely you could have waited a while?
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:42 pm

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Mr Q on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:25 am

The Boat wrote:Yep, the anti-vax crowd are nut-jobs.

However, I would never take my "too young to be vaccinated" son to the zoo. Surely you could have waited a while?


What?

Never take him out of the house?
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby The Boat on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:46 pm

Nah, just steer clear of zoo's, rubbish dumps and Wittenoom
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:42 pm

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:09 am

Mr Q wrote:
The Boat wrote:Yep, the anti-vax crowd are nut-jobs.

However, I would never take my "too young to be vaccinated" son to the zoo. Surely you could have waited a while?


What?

Never take him out of the house?


Ive got a 2 yo, but ive already forgotten the vaccination intervals. Im thinking a round at 6 months, 12 ans 18 months?
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed May 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Having to pay for parking at hospitals. Especially PCH.

3.60 an hour. if i stayed for 3hrs and 10mins, id still be charged for 4hrs.

We've spent on average $150 a month on parking there this year.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Mr Q on Wed May 08, 2019 8:59 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:Having to pay for parking at hospitals. Especially PCH.

3.60 an hour. if i stayed for 3hrs and 10mins, id still be charged for 4hrs.

We've spent on average $150 a month on parking there this year.


Unfortunately there's an aspect of this where the government inexplicably pays one of the big parking companies to run the car parks. Hence the half a million a month bill that the government got for the year or two before PCH opened.

The problem is that the parking can't be a free-for-all, or it won't be available for those who actually need it, but it also needs to be available at a reasonable cost. For the period I worked out there, I had staff access to the multi-story, which was then only $6/day, but that was needed to provide staff with parking - and we were clearly told we'd lose that privilege as normal workday staff if there was a reqirement for shift workers to access those times.

I'm certainly not defending the costs of parking there, but kmnow that there would have to be some parking charges there to make any parking available. What I would like to see would be a permit for long term patients at the QEII campus (and other similar health centers) to access the public areas of the carpark at the cost of the staff parking (and perhaps, out of hours, the staff areas as well).
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby farmer joe on Fri May 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Mr Q wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:Having to pay for parking at hospitals. Especially PCH.

3.60 an hour. if i stayed for 3hrs and 10mins, id still be charged for 4hrs.

We've spent on average $150 a month on parking there this year.


Unfortunately there's an aspect of this where the government inexplicably pays one of the big parking companies to run the car parks. Hence the half a million a month bill that the government got for the year or two before PCH opened.

The problem is that the parking can't be a free-for-all, or it won't be available for those who actually need it, but it also needs to be available at a reasonable cost. For the period I worked out there, I had staff access to the multi-story, which was then only $6/day, but that was needed to provide staff with parking - and we were clearly told we'd lose that privilege as normal workday staff if there was a reqirement for shift workers to access those times.

I'm certainly not defending the costs of parking there, but kmnow that there would have to be some parking charges there to make any parking available. What I would like to see would be a permit for long term patients at the QEII campus (and other similar health centers) to access the public areas of the carpark at the cost of the staff parking (and perhaps, out of hours, the staff areas as well).

Staff should be made to take public transport and the parking spaces saved for us country folk...
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Mr Q on Fri May 10, 2019 6:04 pm

What about all the shift workers?
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Occidental shoreline on Fri May 10, 2019 7:04 pm

farmer joe wrote:Staff should be made to take public transport and the parking spaces saved for us country folk...


A lot of the staff work long and unsociable hours and do on-call, and many have to move between campuses. Those car parks aren't just a luxury.
Occidental shoreline
Regular
 
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests