Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

RANT: one thing i hate.................

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Mr Q on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm

WCE Booka 89 wrote:I don't understand why you would want to be mixing with all these cars that could quite easily kill you with one wrong move.

1. Cycling is good for fitness and health.
2. Cycling is cheap (saving on fuel and/or public transport)
3. Cycling is not always even slower than other forms of transport

Oh, and why be on a main road? For the same reason all those cars are on the same main road - it's the shortest route (or in many cases the only) route between two places.

WCE Booka 89 wrote:But also dont know why they dont go the simple approach and make it that you need a form of registration/licence to be riding on a main road. That way it shuts down the whole "us drivers pay our way" arguement and allows some level of training to be enforced on cyclists

In Australia at least, most cyclists have driver's licences. And in many cases are no worse at abiding by the rules of the road than a lot of car and truck drivers. Certainly not for instance the drivers who don't know that cyclists have the same rights as other road users at intersections.

If however you want cyclists who do need to be taken out the back and shot, it's the ones in the city doing food delivery while barrelling down busy footpaths.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jourgo on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:07 pm

hendo1963 wrote:Kiss cancelling there Aussie tour, was so looking forward to this, was taking my 19yo daughter to her first Kiss show, as she has grown up listening to me playing lots of Kiss.
Hopefully they can reschedule for another time. :evil:

I empathize with your plight. I should have woken up Friday morning 18 October with my ears ringing and no voice after seeing Metallica the night before. Sadly one James Hetfield fell off the wagon and found himself doing another stint in rehab before the tour started.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby MrWoollie on Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:23 pm

jourgo wrote:
hendo1963 wrote:Kiss cancelling there Aussie tour, was so looking forward to this, was taking my 19yo daughter to her first Kiss show, as she has grown up listening to me playing lots of Kiss.
Hopefully they can reschedule for another time. :evil:

I empathize with your plight. I should have woken up Friday morning 18 October with my ears ringing and no voice after seeing Metallica the night before. Sadly one James Hetfield fell off the wagon and found himself doing another stint in rehab before the tour started.

Yeah I missed a great one a few years ago. Still wish it had happened.

My wife's uncle was best mates with Robert Plant. Even bought his house from him. We used to regularly see him in the local pub (with his mongrel lurcher cross) and just chat.
In 2003 or 2004 we were invited to a closed gig at the pub, just him doing acoustic stuff. Christmas eve.
Unfortunately he was a naughty boy (another woman) and his wife chucked the shits and upped herself off to the US. He went off after her and gig was cancelled.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Mr Q wrote:If however you want cyclists who do need to be taken out the back and shot, it's the ones in the city doing food delivery while barrelling down busy footpaths.

Nah. It is bloody idiots who are down in my part of the world "TRAINING" for the Busso Ironman (yes, they are here already) on public roads. I have no problem with pure cyclists that ride for enjoyment but those that want to race, train or group ride can f..k right off. Particularly the f.ckwit with his support car behind him with his hazard lights on that we got stuck behind on Layman Road on Sunday.
If you are a professional athlete go train somewhere that is away from the public.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:07 am

Ben Cousins is still cooked. :(
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jourgo on Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:25 am

DALBY wrote:Ben Cousins is still cooked. :(

He's still struggling with the concepts of "truth" and "straight answers" too.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby Fat Side on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:05 pm

jourgo wrote:
DALBY wrote:Ben Cousins is still cooked. :(

He's still struggling with the concepts of "truth" and "straight answers" too.

I didn't watch it, but heard about it. I can't stand Zempilas, he's such an amateur at such things. Asking Cousins if he should apologise to his parents? FFS what a lightweight question.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jourgo on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:33 pm

I wont often go into bat for Basil but on this one I will. In context that was a good question, and overall I thought he did pretty well. He managed to tread the fine line between pushing him hard enough to get answers and not so hard that he spat the dummy and stormed out.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby Fat Side on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:54 pm

jourgo wrote:I wont often go into bat for Basil but on this one I will. In context that was a good question, and overall I thought he did pretty well. He managed to tread the fine line between pushing him hard enough to get answers and not so hard that he spat the dummy and stormed out.

Perhaps, but putting Cousins on a guilt trip is not hard hitting journalism on what is a very important issue in sport (and society more broadly). I would rather know about steps he's taken to improve his situation, how he managed to undertake a successful footy career while a drug user and how it affects his family, rather than whether he should apologise.

He's unlikely to storm out given he needs the quids and C7 are paying up.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems